Pregnant Or Not Pregnant

“Oh no. Lexi, this is not good.”

“Calm down. Why don’t you just go buy another one?”

“I can’t. I don’t have enough money for another one.”

“Ok, this isn’t good.” I said.

“What are we gonna do now?”

“Well, I could call Brandi and see if she can get you in today.”

“Please do!”

I tried calling the office because I wasn’t sure if Brandi would answer her cell phone. I got the machine. “This is Dr. Walker’s office. We aren’t open right now. Please call again between the hours of 8 A.M. and 7 P.M. Thank you.”

“Ok, well the office didn’t work. I’ll try her cell phone.” I said.

“Hello?” She said.

“Hi Brandi, it’s Lexi.”

“Oh, hi Lexi.” She sounded kinda worried. “Is something wrong?”

“Well, I’m fine, but uhm, my friend kinda has a problem.”

“Ok, what might that problem be?” I think she thought I was talking about myself.

“Well, my friend thinks that she might be pregnant.”

“Ok, what’s her name?”

“Jessica.”

“Are you with her right now?”

“Yeah we’re at Wal-Mart in the bathrooms.”

“Ok, well the office doesn’t open for another half an hour, I could come pick you up and take you guys to the office and do a little check-up.”

“That would be awesome! Thank you so much.” I said.

“She’s gonna pick us up and take us to the office.”

“Ok.” She said.

It took her about 10 minutes to get there and then another five minutes to get to the office.

We went back into her room. It was nice not to be the one on the bed this time.

“Ok Jessica, when was the last time you had sex?”

“Uhm, I think it was about 2 weeks ago, maybe a week and a half.”

“Ok, and when was you’re last period?”

“It was last month.”

“When was it supposed to start?”

“Yesterday.”

“Ok, it could possibly just be late.” I smiled, because that’s what I said earlier. “But we’ll do a test just to make sure.”

“You aren’t gonna stick me with a needle are you?” Jess was extremely afraid of needles, she had never liked them because she always said she had a bad experience with them when she got her kindergarten shots.

“No, It’s going to be a urine test.”

“But, I don’t have to go to the bathroom.” She said.

“Ok, well we can wait a little bit and have you drink a lot of water if you need to.”

“Yeah.”

“Ok, well you two can go out to the waiting room and Jessica, I want you to drink 5 of those cups of water. Ok?”

“Ok.” She said.

We went out to the waiting room and the secretary was just walking in. “Well hi Lexi. You’re here kinda early is something wrong with the baby?”

“No, I’m here with my friend.” I said as I pointed to Jess.

“Oh… Is she pregnant too?”

“Possibly.”

“Ok. Well, nice seeing you. I’ve gotta get to work.”

Even though I had been here quite a few times, I still didn’t know her name.

Jess drank five cups of water like she was supposed to and then we went back into Brandi’s room.

“You done?” She asked.

“Yep.”

“Do you have to go to the bathroom yet?”

“Yeah, I do.”

“Ok. Take this with you and when you’re done, put it in the little sliding door that’s next to the sink.”

“Ok.” She said as she walked out.

She came back in and Brandi walked out. “I have to go do the test now.” She said.

She came back about 15 minutes later. “Ok, Jessica, I tested it and I have the results.”

“Ok. I think I have to sit down.” She said.

“Are you ready for the results.”

“No.” She took a deep breath.

“Do you want me to tell Lexi and have Lexi tell you?”

“Uhm, sure.”

I went over to Brandi and she whispered the results in my ear.

“Are you sure you want to know?” I asked.

“Yeah.” She said. She looked sick. Her face was pale and she looked like she was going to throw up.

“Ok, well, you’re not pregnant!” I said as I gave her a hug.

“O my God! Thank goodness.”

We were both extremely relieved. Jessica would not have been able to handle a baby very well.