Tonight The World Dies

“Ronnie, you know that I’m dating John.”

“Yeah, but I really want you to just give me a chance.”

“I can’t do that Ronnie. I need John and so do my babies.”

His face dropped, and he walked out of the room.

I ran after him.

“Ronnie, wait.”

He looked back at me.

“What?”

“Don’t go.”

“Why shouldn’t I?”

“I have to give you something.”

The doorbell rang. I told him to wait but then I heard my mom say that she was going to get it.

“Come on Lexi, just give me whatever you were gonna give me so I can go.”

“Ok.” I took a deep breath.

I leaned in and kissed him. We kissed for over a minute then I looked up and into his eyes, then looked at the stairs and saw John.

“John.”

He shook his head. “I can’t believe you Lexi.” He ran down the stairs.

“John hold on, I can explain.”

“I don’t want an explanation. How could you do that to me?”

“The same way you did it to me.” I said under my breath.

“What?”

“I said the same way that you did it to me.” My eyes were starting to water. “At least I only kissed him.”

“I thought we were past that Lexi.”

“Well maybe we aren’t.”

“Maybe we just aren’t supposed to be together.”

“John, no. You aren’t saying that we should break up are you?”

“Yeah, that’s what I’m saying.”

“John please no.” My watering eyes turned into crying eyes. “I’m sorry.”

“Sorry isn’t enough Lexi.” He walked out.

I ran back upstairs and saw Ronnie on my bed with his head in his hands.

“Ronnie, I want you out of here! Now.”

He didn’t look at me.

“Ronnie, listen to me. Get out of my house. I don’t want to talk to you ever again!”

He finally looked at me. His eyes were red and watery. “I’m sorry Lexi. That was all my fault. I’ll never forgive myself for doing that to you. I hope that one day you’ll be able to forgive me. And, if you ever need anything, I’ll be here for you.” He walked out.

I was really mad at him, but as he was walking down the stairs I realized that it wasn’t his fault that all of this had happened.

“Hold on Ronnie.” I yelled, running down the stairs.

He was at the door but he turned around.

“It’s not your fault. It’s mine. I was the one who kissed you.” I said.

“But I practically talked you into it. I made you feel bad for me.”

“But I fell for it. I’m not gonna blame you for this and I never will.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. I just lost John. I don’t want to lose you too.”

“So we can still be friends?”

“Yeah, come back upstairs. I’m not ready for you to go yet. I need some comfort.”

He went into my room with me. I sat on my bed and he went over to my CD’s and put one in my stereo.

He turned it to number nine. Tonight The World Dies by Avenged Sevenfold.

He came over and sat behind me on the bed. I leaned into his chest and fell asleep crying on his shoulder.