Interrogation

I got home and dreaded walking in because I didn’t want to have to face my parents. I didn’t say anything about spending the night and I never even thought about calling them. I needed to come up with an excuse fast! 

I slowly walked in the door. They were both sitting on the sofa looking at me.

“And where were you last night, young lady?” Dad asked in his ’you’re in trouble’ tone.

“I’m sorry! Me and Meagan started watching a movie and we both fell asleep.” I said.

“Why didn’t her parents come down and get you?” Mom asked.

“They went to bed before we started watching the movie.” I was starting to think that they didn’t believe me.

“How were you gonna get home?” Mom asked.

“I was gonna call you.”

“Ok…” My dad said. I could tell he was suspicious because of his voice and the way he was looking at me.

“Are you guys done asking questions?” I said.

“Yeah.”

I ran up to my room, sat down on my bed, and started crying. I knew what I had done was wrong and I felt that something was going to happen. I just didn’t know what though.

I heard my parents calling for me so I went back downstairs.

“What?” I said angrily

“Come sit down.” Dad said pointing to our ugly blue rocking chair.

I sat down.

“What all did you do last night?” Dad asked. 

I kind of felt that dad was going to be the one asking all the questions.

“Well, after I got over there we played a game on the computer, then we walked to the park and back to her house, then we watched a movie.” I said. I felt like I was forgetting to tell them something though.

“You’re lying!” Dad said.

“What?” I asked extremely confused.

“You forgot to tell us something that you “did” last night." He imitated quotation marks around the word ‘did.’

“I don’t know what you mean dad.” I said.

“Why were you so dressed up last night?”

“Because they were taking me out for dinner.” I said, knowing that’s what I forgot to tell them.

“Exactly! You never said anything about that. You lied. Where were you really at last night?” Dad asked.

“I was at Meagan’s!” 

“Go to your room, and when you decide to tell us what you really did last night come tell us. But don’t come out until then!” Dad said.

I went back to my room and sat there. I wasn’t going to tell them what I did. I was going to make up a completely different story just to throw them off.