More Information

I had been thinking about what mom told me, and felt like I should talk to her some more about it.

“Mom, can we talk?”

“Sure honey. What’s up?”

“Well, I was just thinking about what you told me earlier, about how you and dad said that you got married because of me.”

“Uh-huh..”

“Well, do you think me and John should get married?” I asked.

“I don’t know. You’re only 14, Lexi. That’s really young. I think you should wait to get married just because of your age. If you were 18, I would say yes, but you’re not, so I’m gonna have to say no.”

“Ok.” I said. She was right. 14 was really young to get married.

“But Lexi, I want you and John to stay together no matter what happens. I’m not gonna force you two to be with each other, but I’m gonna encourage it. Just remember that.”

“Ok.” I kind of wasn’t sure what she was saying.

 "So.. I was an accident?" I asked.

“I hate to say it, but yes.”

“What did grandma and grandpa say when you told them?”

“They were shocked! At first they didn’t believe us, but eventually they got that we weren’t joking and had a long talk to us about being ready for a life-long commitment and a family.”

“When are you gonna tell them that I’m pregnant?”

“Oh Lexi! You’ve got that all wrong! You’re telling grandma and grandpa!”

My heart skipped a few beats. Grandma and grandpa would not take this well at all!