Part 26

"Why did you stop? Jeez, you could have ripped my arm of. And you can't heal it yet remember?" Zanne said massaging her shoulder while sending me a death glare

"Oh I'm sorry. I'm just not in the mood for milk. I think I'm just going to go to my room for a rest before my next lesson with Ryan this afternoon." I rambled already starting to walk backwards trying to get away before she tried to read my mind. Apparently powers work extremely easy on a person if you already have that persons trust, and since I can't help but trust Zanne there's no way to block my mind from hers.

I was too late. Her eyes grew big and then a dissatisfied scowl appeared on her face.

"Are you still avoiding him?" she asked in a stern voice.

"No. I don't know what you are talking about." I said nervously trying to move backwards

"Oh no you don't" she said before starting to run towards me.

I ducked as she tried to catch me and with a giggle I picked a random corridor and ran as fast as my legs could carry me. I still need an escort to get to my classes most of the time since no one was able to remember every hallway in this huge palace. This corridor was one of those I didn't recognise. I looked over my shoulder only to see Zanne gaining on me. You would think because her legs got shorter from being an elf she would've lost some of her speed, but you would be wrong. She was even faster than when she was in school.

I picked up my speed and heard her laugh echoing through the halls. She knew that I wasn't as fast as she was but I was still determined to try to get away. I giggled as I looked behind me to see her reaching towards me and fail when I turned at a corner.

When I looked back in front of me and saw Ryan standing there coffee in hand. His eyes grew as I tried to stop but tripped over my feet heading straight for him. I landed against his chest with a hard bump, luckily he didn't fall, but by trying to catch me coffee went flying covering us both in the warm,sticky liquid.

A shriek escaped my lips as the hot water seeped through my shirt, burning my skin. I looked towards Ryan an apology starting on my lips but it died there. His laugh was filling the air and I could feel his chest pressed against my own rumble in the humour he was experiencing. A drop of coffee had jumped and somehow landed on his cheek and was now slowly making it's way down towards his laughing mouth. I couldn't help the tiny laugh that escaped my lips at hearing his joy. My eyes were fascinated as I watched the coffee drop on it's route from his cheek to his mouth. He must have felt it because his laughter started to fade and with a big smile he licked the drop from his lip.

I gulped at the sight. Suddenly feeling extremely warm. He looked me in the eyes and slowly his smile faded, his face became serious. The tension in the air was becoming thick, and I could see in his eyes that he felt it too. "Never tasted better" he tried to say jokingly but his voice came out a hoarse whisper.

Before I could do something I would regret I took a step back. His eyes left my face and travelled down to my shirt to see the damage. When he looked at me again his eyes were screaming out his desire towards me. I looked down to see the brown stain on the white shirt I was wearing causing the fabric to cling to my curves. His arms that still didn't leave me pulled me back towards him, pressing me against his hard chest. His face coming closer to mine. His lips so close I could taste it.

"Uh-hmm" Someone suddenly cleared their throat behind us. I spun around, breaking me free from Ryan's grasp, to see Zanne standing there with a victorious smirk plastered on her face. Oh sure, shorter legs made her faster but she could still stop quicker than me.

"Oh don't mind me, I'm just passing through." she said, innocently whistling as she walked past us down the corridor.

There was a thick silence in the air after Zanne left. "I should probably take a shower before our lesson this afternoon." I said trying to act like nothing happened a few minutes prior, looking anywhere except into his eyes.