Doctors pupil

I was in my room with my infant brother (b/n) sleeping while I was studying medicine. I want to be a doctor since my high ass mom and drunk ass dad loses all our money to a drunk down the street.

That night (b/n) was coughing and crying, I went to go check on him to find he has a fever.
" Mom! Dad! (B/n) sick! He needs treatment or heal die!"

"Let him we need the money anyway!"

I was angry they let my baby brother die like this. I ran to the bathroom grabbing the first aid kit and my parents money. I grab my bag and brother run out the house with my parents yelling and cussing at me to return there money. They didn't care they never cared.

A few hours later I found a abandoned hospital and went inside. Stupid I know but my brother is sick I have to help him. I lay him down on a blanket and gave him Don mediation. He still had a fever so I cradle him singing him a lullaby

After I was done I saw a man that look like a doctor and a nurse looking at me. I quickly got up.

" Please help! My brother is sick he could die! Please help him!"
Tears running down my face. They nodded and us to the infirmary.

An hour later I found out that (b/n) had azma from my parents drugs. He said he will be fine and agree to raise us in his hospital.
I thank the doctor and nurse.

" just call us Dr. Smiley and Nurse Ann."