Meeting the Monster

Follow me on Instagram! I post updates on the story there! @ emberia_

'I was obsessed with being rich and famous'.

"You're not alone." The voice in the grey mist whispers and I recognise this sound.

"Mum?" I wonder but don't see anyone. I am locked in a compact black space that surrounded me.

"You're not alone. Remember that." It says again.

"Mum?!" I cry out running in all possible direction but this person was an absolute liar because I was indeed alone.

Suddenly I am being shaken and I jump up in the leather seat.

I meet the chocolate brown eyes that remind of brownies.

"Are you okay?" The deep voice asks and my throat goes dry. Suddenly aware of my appearance I begin to smooth out my hair.

"Your eyes look like brownies." I blur out, his face is really close to mine and I keep staring at how perfect his skin is. What does he freaking use?!

He looks at me for a moment before bursting out laughing. This melodic sound was music to my ears.

"What? It's true." I point out and pull myself into a sitting position. The man studies my face for a moment before announcing.

"We're here."

"Here..is where?" I look around and notice a giant mansion standing in the spotlight of lampposts.

It looked really intimidating, there were two floors and probably over fifteen rooms. The dark gothic design was definitely creepy. Too much black and deadly colors. The whole place screamed of a villain palace.

The garden was filled with black and red roses that were too beautiful. The green leaves were so vibrant, it almost looked too good to be true.

"My house." He grumbles and gets out. I wait for him to come to the other side and open the door for me like a gentleman. But that doesn't happen.

"Are you getting out or what?!" He exclaims rather too loudly for my liking.

"Yeah yea..thanks Henry!" I smile cheekily at the driver and he smiles back.

"Don't let him ruin you." Henry says and I nod quickly. I wasn't going to mention that I was already dead to the world.

For a second my brain zooms off into the thoughts. Would my mum want me to be happy? I'm sure she would be pissed if she saw me from Heaven all crying.

"Are you always being a turtle?" The angry man yells and I stifle a giggle. Crying was not an option. At least his rudeness was making me feel better.
That didn't even make sense...

"A cute turtle though!" I sprint up to him and pat his shoulder.

"Why are you touching me?!" He barks out clearly not pleased.

"Chill out Mr Untouchable!" I mutter back. While checking out the woods that stared from the opposite side of the house. No fence was separating the two which made me really confused. Wouldn't you want to build one to divide yourself from the wild creatures that roamed in there?

"You will remain at my house until I get notified whether the press captured your identity or not." He changes the topic and opens the front door with a golden key. Pushing the object open, he mentions for me to enter.