Walk The Line

Follow me on Instagram! I post updates on the story there! @ emberia_

I drag my feet back into ballroom, almost tripping over my dress.
I avert my eyes to catch silver ones.

Connor was walking slowly, like he was a predator and I was his prey.
The heels on my legs prevent me from moving any faster.

My eyes follow a mask lying on the table so I snatch it off quickly, covering my face I proceed to look back.

Connor is walking dangerously close but doesn't grab me. Which means that he probably knows, at some point I won't be able to escape him.
"Walk the Line by Laurent Wolf! The best dancer wins a prize!" People scatter into the dance point.

The beat starts off quick. I step in between people, that way maybe Connor would lose me from sight.

Pushing a couple I look at their faces to notice they are wearing claws and large teeth. They hiss my way and I jump back with a quick sorry.
My eyes widen when people push me into the circle. Everyone was moving in quick paces some did weird moves with their legs others let themselves wild.

I walk the line.
M-m-m-mine.
M-m-m-mine.
I walk the line.

My eyes skim around the area and for a second I feel a hand grasp my waist. "Looking for me?" A husky voice asks and I run as far as I can from it. My ears detect a devilish laugh.

People enclose on me. "Excuse me, sorry!" I call out but no one is paying attention to me. Shoot fudging cake.

Then the song changes,
The tune changes to some sort of a twisted Texas style and people cheer out.

I keep a close watch on this heart of mine.
I keep my eyes wide open all the time.
I keep the ends out for the tie that binds.
Because you're mine.
I walk the line.

Then the singer's voice changes and he says darkly,
Because you're mine.
I walk the line.

I glance behind me and catch silver eyes staring. Connor smirks before making his way towards me.

The beat drops once again and I am so terrified of this man that I am actually shoving people out of the way.

Some pass me disgusted looks but I ignore them. A man which I push out of the way turns his head my way and his teeth extend twice their size right in front of my eyes.

He releases an animalistic growl and my blue eyes widen, taking a step back I crush into someone.

"She's with me." Connor growls out back, his arm curls around my waist almost protectively.

My fingers dig into his arm from so much terror. Connor drags me away from the scene with the mature man still glaring at me.

He pushes us through the exit door and I'm still in shock from those long teeth that clearly wanted to murder me.

Connor pauses a hard expression on his face, "You're coming with me." He orders and turns to leave.

I remain silent against the wall. My body is frozen in spot, my eyes stare at the same area on the ground for what feels like ages.