Epilogue - Until Dawn

Follow me on Instagram! I post updates on the story there! @ emberia_

Song of the Chapter: Until Dawn by JAEGER

~Be patient when you sit in the dark, the dawn is coming. ~

Alexia's POV

I slowly opened my eyes, bright light struck my eyeballs causing me to wince.

"How are you feeling?" I heard a familiar voice. Blinking until I could focus made me face Ethan or Phthonus. I wasn't sure which way was more correct.

"My neck feels like..like it's been snapped." I gasp out remembering the violent pain that lasted a second. I met green eyes and tried talking, but words didn't leave my mouth.

"Where are we?" I pondered glancing around the simple room that was too light for my liking. Ethan stood up from the chair he was sitting on opening a wooden closet on the far left corner.

"Olympus, Alexia, where are in the Olympus." He answers in a cold tone which has me frowning. Then I remember everything that has happened.

"Okay? Can I see my mum? I need a few things to ask." There was a silence, a dead silence at that. For a moment he wasn't going to answer but then he did.

"The thing is..they took her."

"Who? Who took her?" I fumbled out of the bed and steadily stepped towards Ethan who wouldn't meet my eyes.

"Gaia."

"Who's that?" I questioned feeling my heart accelerating into an overdrive. Ethan took his dear time answering this one. He turned his tanned head in my direction, green eyes launched onto mine.

"The most powerful god to exist to this very day." He declared reaching into the closet and taking out a white silky dress, one that reminded me so much of the gown that Moon Goddess wore.

"So..when can I see her?" I feel bile on tongue, something wasn't right. Ethan rolled his eyes, before pushing the soft object into my hands.

"You can't see her! Gaia is all over the place looking for you!" He shouted marching towards a drawer which when opened displayed large variety of white crystal shoes.

"Why is she? For what purpose?" I follow after him trying not match his steps as he practically danced across the floors from one point to the other, anything to avoid giving me answers.

"You don't need to know that, but know this, I swore to protect you and I will do that for as long as I live. So you will do everything I say." The blonde guy ordered before coming to a halt. There was something altered in his manner. He looked on the verge bursting.

"You will show me where my mother is, either that, or I'm going to search myself!" I threatened and turned to leave this strange room. If we were truly in the Olympus, did it mean we were now in the sky? On clouds?

A warm hand snatched me back, grip tightening ever so slightly. "You will not look for her, Alexia. Not when Gaia's servants are crawling the Olympus. If you run now, I won't be able to hide you and if that happens, if Gaia gets her hands on you...then I don't even want to think of what will happen." Ethan shuddered either from cold or experience. I took a moment to analyse his features. The short blonde hair looked weirdly darker than usual. The black roots stuck out from underneath the golden hairs.

"Are you dyeing your hair?" Is the nonsense I decided to ask. Ethan shot me a glare before choosing a pair of transparent slippers and handing them to me in one swift motion.

"Don't leave this room, please listen for once. I will be back in a few hours." Ethan assured and turned for the door. Then he twisted his head looking in my direction for one last time before made a step through.