Deadly Lies at a Reasonable Price

Follow me on Instagram! I post updates on the story there! @ emberia_

Song of the Chapter: The Last Butterfly

Selene POV

There she was, standing before us like she knew anything and everything. Gaia was probably the oldest Olympian to survive, she was the equivalent of what humans call 'Mother Nature', and now the mother nature wanted an explanation. My eyes trailed behind her to find many deities searching for answers, by the looks of it they didn't want to even watch this confrontation - the sympathy was withering in their eyes.

"How dare you reveal yourself?" Gaia exclaimed staring right through me. Her blazing hot eyes stared holes inside my soul. I felt light-headed needing to get some time and space to think, in order to know what to say.

"I had no other choice. My dau-" I bit back the words, lips trembled as I clawed at my palm with anxiousness. Moment of foolishness never brought me far to the line of success. I stared long and contentedly at the Olympian leader. The gaze of challenge shone brighter than my own goddamn existence.

"What was that?" Gaia asked her eyes settling on Alexia that remained lifeless on the ground. Then her eyes jumped back to me, calculating and speculating through suspicions which soon were clear as day. You could see the way her pupils dilated if you glanced close enough, it took her seconds to find out for herself. Seconds.

"Say it. Say it now." The Olympian demanded bringing my knees shaking from the venom in her voice. Gaia was fierce and complete opposite of the description that humans had perceived her to be. Gaia was not only the Satan in disguise she was also the most powerful God to exist to this day. But I was not young either, standing many centuries old I attained powers that many deities never even had the ambition to be dreaming of. For I am the Moon Goddess, I am the Moon.

Colder than river,
Greater than pride,

Stronger than diamond,
Sharper than knife,  

Fiercer than lion,

Grimmer than reaper,  

Moon Goddess knows,

When you will displease her.

Words chanted themselves inside my head with what confidence I had left. The old song that children pups sang each and every night. I have once heard it and never have forgotten it. Gaia may very well be the what so called Mother Nature, but I am the guider of the werewolves. I have an army.

"Alexia is my daughter." I speak the truth. Ambrogoi meets my eye from the corned of my vision; the questioning look didn't go unnoticed by the great deity, in fact her golden eyes twitched after I affirmed her thoughts.

"Our daughter." The first Vampyr corrected timidly stepping beside me. For a moment I did not recognise this brief second of care that Ambrogoi displayed, it almost as if went back in time when we have first met. Almost.

"You've hid her well, almost too well." Gaia smiled, not sweetly, far from that. "Amongst the human-kind, a half god and a half vampyr." Mother Nature made a tsk sound which many of the rebellious Olympians recognised. She often did such action when she was in deep thought before throwing everything down-hill.

"Hera, Nemesis, take the girl." Gaia commanded, waving a hand to the two deities that appeared from behind her. I met eyes with Nemesis, her apologetic traitorous stare was not appreciated. I narrowed my eyes stepping in their way instantly. A growl erupted from somewhere and we all averted our gazes watching as the Alpha King himself stood over his dead mate. Or he at least he thought she was dead. Hera walked confidently over to where the werewolf occupied the space and without a mere though raised her palm in the air about to wield magic. But what Hera didn't know, it was the strongest, most powerful Werewolf of my creation. He could walk all-over her if she ever so did lay a finger on his mate - and you know what - I wouldn't even interfere.