Alive

Follow me on Instagram! I post updates on the story there! @ emberia_

Caleb POV

Alec was one insane man. Appearing from the stairs he looks at me calmly.

"Any comments on my appearance?" He asks while planting a black mask on his face. His brown eyes shine through the holes.

"Wearing black does make you more dangerous." I grin from the couch while Alec releases a laugh.

"Watch over her, while I'm gone." Alec stares at me and I pour myself another glass of bourbon. Gulping down the alcohol that makes me hiss I display a smile.

"She's safe with me." I chuckle for no reason at all. I used my wolf hearing to take notice of Alexia's quiet breathing in the room upstairs.

"What is she doing?" Alec wonders and I frown at him. "Nothing really. How are you going to kill Connor if all of your werewolf senses are weakened. You're basically a human." I spit out angry. Alec was going to get himself killed.

"I may not able to smell or hear as good as before but that doesn't mean I am weak." And just to prove his point he crashes a hole in the wall with just one fist.

I roll my eyes before releasing an exasperated​ sigh. "Just watch out for yourself out there." I reply seriously.

Alec nods his head and moves to leave. "And put your coat on! It's cold outside, don't want my boi catching a cold!" I call out and wait till Alec releases a loud laugh making me smile.

He comes back wearing his statement black coat and grins at me widely. "Best friend?" He raises his palm and I jump to my feet.

Doing our usual handshake which we have mastered since the age of 10 I grin back at him.

"Best freaking friend."

Alexia's POV

Everything was suspiciously quiet when I returned back into the living room. 

I find Caleb sitting on the couch with no Alec around.

"Where did Alec go?" I ask with a confused look on my face. He needed to sleep not wonder around with his injury.

"CEO party, remember?" Caleb mutters and leaves the room too. Moody much?

I proceed to clean up the pieces of the shattered glass and wood. 

What got Alec so angry?

Then made my way back to the room I was staying at.

I get my phone from the charger and stare at the picture of my mum and me. The big grins on our faces make involuntary tears gather in my eyes. 

Unlocking the screen I go through my contact list.

I decide to call Jake.

"Hey." Jake says his voice is neutral.

"Hi, I'm sorry I haven't called since that..day." I stumble apologetically.

"Oh, It's fine you really don't have to explain yourself to me." He waves of the matter.

"Alright, well I was just making sure you are okay." I say.

"I'm alright, I was actually meaning to call you. I met this dude today he wants to throw a party  at his place...do you want to come? It is next week." Jake asks me. My mind spins with suitable responses and other things.

"I mean Sophie is gonna be there too so you won't be alone." He adds when notices my unresponsiveness.

"Okay I will come." I smile. What was I getting myself into?