Promises Are Never Broken

Follow me on Instagram! I post updates on the story there! @ emberia_

Song of Chapter: Can you hold me by NF

~Never choose the light, for it will burn you faster.~

I averted my eyes from one of my parents to the other. As everything went deadly silent and the whispers even those of the insects have mingled to a stop. 

"Wait, what?!" Ethan called out glancing at Selene/Racheal/my mother, and shockingly back to me. At first he looked very uncomfortable but my attention was pre-occupied with my supernatural parents that went to glaring at each other.

"Pairing her with the Alpha King what did you even think?!" My dad shouted, the vampyrs surrounding us wavered back, whereas, Selene didn't even bat an eye-lash, her eyes narrowed to slits before thin pale fingers curled at the front and then she sent wind towards my dad who was knocked of his feet.

"You knew I couldn't stay, so you made it your mission to torture her every living day. I curse the day it all began!" My mum screamed as her golden brown locks of hair were thrown to the sides, her pale blue eyes widened with anger.

"STOP IT, NOW!" My voice sends the walls shivering in fear, while our audience whips their heads in my direction. I had no strength to register the occurring - having  father as the deadliest Vampyr and a mother, the Moon Goddess had lead me thinking I have gone insane.

Rachel swirled her eyes towards me, while John pushed himself into a standing position. I removed Connor's hand in an instant, I think he was too shocked with this situation - he forgot the reason for this battle.

"How?" I whispered edging closer to the two I believed were innocent human beings. The Mooon Goddess pouts her features cowering with sadness and guilt. "I asked, How? You were supposed to be dead. I watched you lay in a coffin." I spat clenching my fists, glaring whilst meeting their eyes shamelessly.

"Alexia...there is so much you don't know, or wouldn't understand." Moon Goddess began her lips trembling while she tried to hide her sympathy for me. I took a long contended look at my dad who just examined my face as if he could predict what I would say next.

"You made me feel guilty. You dropped blame of her death on my shoulders. Not yourself, me - and I think I know why." I blurted with confidence, whereas, others not so much. I didn't know whether I hated them. For what they are and what they aren't.

"I was thrown down from Olympus Alexia, they found out your mother was pregnant. They said hybrids are not born, other species do not breed. But look at you, all grown up to prove them wrong. Forgive me if you ever will, such acts were only there to call the Moon Goddess out." Ambrogoi affirmed, his mouth set into a thin line.
"And looks like I've succeeded in doing that." The Vampyr added slowly while locking eyes with my mother who wasn't happy with his words.

"You don't speak such things Ambrogoi or I send you to the pits of Hell!" Selene exclaimed adjusting her snow white satin dress and narrowing her eyes ever so slightly in a intimidating manner.

"Oh Goody, haven't spoken to my good old Hades in decades." The Vampyr responded twisting his mouth into a grin whilst everyone just gawked perplexed and shocked.

"Hades must've been drunk on ambrosia befriending a fool like you!" Ethan shouted, his olive green eyes igniting with fire. I gasped as his blonde hair moved on its own, Ethan met my eyes before it stopped.

"I was a welcomed guest in the Olympus, just like you. But then you do one deed and you're casted, right Phthonus?" My dad exclaimed venom rolling down his tongue. Ethan or more like Phthonus bowed his head in shame, whatever he has done didn't go unpunished I guessed. Whoever Ethan was, he certainly wasn't a human or a werewolf or even a vampyr. Or maybe he was one of the Gods...