Sharp Servants

Follow me on Instagram! I post updates on the story there! @ emberia_

"Sometimes it's better to hide in the dark than shine in the light." - C.

I try to steady my beating heart and breathe as noiselessly as that is humanely possible. The last thing I wanted was for Alec discovering just what kind of creep he picked up on the side of the road and immediately bring police on the case. The last thing to deal with for me.

Two bare feet thud onto the floor squeezing my heart socket just a fraction giving me a near-passing-out panic attack. And no, I wasn't even going to start on how claustrophobic I felt during this very minute.

"What's this?" Alec mumbles, a hand reaches out, tugging lazily at the crisp black shirt. I let my palm loose, heart thudding against the floor which was - listen to this - clean.

"Hmmm." The CEO grumbles and then walks around the room. Light thuds of footsteps make it harder to breathe. Or was it my beating heart?

"Mr Dark what would you like to wear today?" The robotic machine asks in the previous monotonic voice. I remain extremely still on the floor, barely squeezing a breath out.

"Blue suit." He says in a stiff morning voice that wanted me to quietly look up and stare in awe. Never noticing it, my skin got covered in goosebumps.

"Work today?" The machine asks. Who made it to ask questions? Was a normal wardrobe not enough?

"Yes." He mutters and takes the suit from the hanger. Maybe he was that lonely, he got a machine that talks to him. Sympathy was already welling up in the pit of my stomach.

I then heard the shower running.

Sliding from under the bed and I notice the shirt lying on the bed.

I take it and storm out of the room. I knocked my head onto the doorframe and muttered and ouch.

Suddenly, I collapsed with Mrs Garvin that is carrying large tray of food.

It all splatters over the floor, the loud crash was embarrassing.

"Oh my...I'm so sorry!" I whisper yell with wide eyes. Hopefully Alec didn't hear it.

"Miss Summer? Why were you in the Mr Dark's room?" She asks with a suspicious look. How do I explain this..

I help her clean up without meeting her judging eyes.

"I was looking for some clean clothes." I tell her honestly.

"In his room?" She raises her eyebrow. God..why was she pressing on this matter.

"Um, I didn't know it was his room. Please don't tell him!" I whisper. My eyes twitch towards the dark door which could open any second.

"Don't worry I won't. I doubt Mr Dark would notice his favourite clothes got missing." She grins and I gulp down. Why was she getting all sarcastic?

"Okay. I need to go prepare breakfast for Mr Dark. Again." She mutters and leaves.

"I'm sorry." I say but she never turns once.

The guilt is eating at me.

I hide the clothes behind my back and knock.

Nothing.

I twist the door knob and from the sounds of dripping the shower is still running.

I quickly sprint up to the robot machine and fling both of the items into the drawer.