The Little Things

Follow me on Instagram! I post updates on the story there! @ emberia_

"Did you say something?" I point my eyes towards the stranger. He laughs while shaking his head, dismissing the thought.

"What is the strongest drink here?" I point to the selection of alcoholic liquids. The stranger smiles widely before shaking his shoulders.

All I can think about is Alec and that girl.

Giving out a sarcastic laugh I say.
"I'm gonna just try them all then." I take the shot glasses and line them in order. "I don't think this is a good idea." He smirks at my furrowed eyes.

"Just because you have a pair of silver eyes doesn't make you any dominant than me." I narrow my eyes at the black haired stranger who continues to watch me.

"How about-" The deep voice begins and then he is cut by someone completely different.

"Violet!" Caleb calls out and I quickly turn my face towards him. "Hey." I mutter out angrily while pouring myself different shots.

"You're not drinking any of that!" He drags me away, and I come to a hault. "And I'm drinking with..." I turn my eyes to see the stranger gone.

"Who?" Caleb questions while looking around the crowd. I try to spot him anywhere but I don't.
"Just my broken heart." I laugh out at how cliche I actually sound.

"Don't worry. I just want to loosen up a little." I lie while Caleb looks at me clearly unfazed.

"Okaaaaaaay. Alec is making me angry. He is kissing a girl and it makes me angry. I don't understand why." Tears build up and Caleb looks around searching for Alec probably.

"Listen, he doesn't know what he is doing. The chemical that injected into him, messes up with his brain. And as for you..you like him." I scrunch my nose at the last bit. Looking up at Caleb he shakes his head and I push myself away from him.

"I'll see you around, Mr Deryl."

Taking a shot, I gulp down something in one go. They say always have one for bravery.

Then my feet lead me straight onto the dance floor which I was going to show everyone how to own.

My movements are smooth.
A different song comes on.
"This is The Little Things by Big Gigantic (Kasbo remix) playing!" The guy at the stage exclaims at which people raise up in applause.

"Find a partner!" The guy speaks into the microphone and I look around, everyone goes to someone who their recognize.
I watch the pretty girl take Alec's hand and lead him right into the middle, where they start to sway to the music.

I narrow my eyes in anger, someone grabs my hand and I rip it off quickly. Looking up I see the black haired stranger smile at me. And here I thought he left me for good.

"Can I have this dance?" The handsome man bows and I find myself grinning like a little girl.
"Sure." I let him take the lead. His gentle hand encloses in mine, after interviewing out fingers a blush creeps onto my cheeks.

His large arms wrap around my waist bringing me closer. Our chests are almost touching as this very attractive man twirls me around in a circle before I am back in his arms.

My arms wrap around his neck as we sway from one side of the dance floor to the other. It feels like my head is spinning in circles but I am not dizzy.

His stances are beautiful, my feet are following his lead as we dance like we were just meant to be.

I look up into his silver orbits that made me queasy. He stares at me with so much emotion, I have no power of identifying those messages that he sends me with that glance.