Car Crash

Disclaimer this where the original story begins I will putting up some of the rewritten chapters up soon.

Follow me on Instagram! I post updates on the story there! @ emberia_

5 years later....

I'm just a humble trash can, trying to roll my way through life.

But it appears even the trash cans have their bad days, and today is clearly one of those incredibly frustrating but inevitably bad days.

Let me explain.

My 'perfect' morning was ravaged when my washing machine decided to leak.

And when I say leak, I mean turned my small apartment into a freaking ocean.

I got my car keys for my red truck and jumped into the driver's seat.
Automatically sticking the key into the ignition. So many memories with this old bug.

Pressing the warm up settings to the fullest it can possibly go, I madly rub my hands together.

It was 8 pm and the chilly weather was enough to shake my knees that were hidden under dark washed jeans.

Putting on the radio and reverse from the driveway, I begin to drive.

The songs do nothing to help me stay awake. Drinking about ten cups of coffee definitely did nothing to my brain.

My mum was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis, which was simply devastating. Her nurse kept ringing me up about any news from the hospital she was being kept at.

At 2 am in the morning I have learned that my mother's state has rapidly worsened to the point where she could barely talk without groaning in pain.

Rushing to hospital at 3 am in the morning was a jewel. Especially with lonely roads that were uninhabited with drivers.

I've have gotten to see her too. She was trying too hard not to show any signs of pain. She was a brave mature woman.

Then they sent me back home, saying I could not longer stay due to the strick visiting hours. Heck, if I had the needed money I could buy my mum a private care hospital where they could easily find a lung donor and in that matter save her life.

But the problem was, I had no such money in my bank account, my pocket or my piggy bank that was isolated on the dark brown shelf up in my green washed bedroom.

Just thinking about it made me release an unsteady breath.

Sometimes I just wished I was born to be a billionaire and money would never have been a problem.

I drive on the motorway and the shimmering lampposts guide me in the direction of Hardson Hospital. The building was old and crusty, the government had no courtesy to support the public healthcare.

I get in traffic the moment I roll onto the busy street.

Quick peak at the time and I'm already 15 minutes into the visiting hours. That means 20:00.

The headlights need to carry their asses up and shine green already. I should have known it would be this busy on a Friday evening!

I successfully squish between the other cars which is not usual for me. I wasn't a gold driver too.

Squeezing between a silver Toyota and a Black Mercedes I gasp in relief.

"And Sophie said I can't drive-"

BOOM!

"Noooooo." I cringe and look at the rear mirror at the top.

I have struck the Mercedes.