Falty Confessions

Follow me on Instagram! I post updates on the story there! @ emberia_

"Everyone has a heart. Unless they're not human, then they don't."

I sat on other side of the coffee brown bed as muted stillness filled the room.

My heart had been spiking since the moment Alec looked at me with a questioning expression, and gestured, "Tell me then."

I gulped down and took my phone off the charger. I scrolled through my phone real quick until I found the pictures of the phone numbers. I was about to show them to him, but he didn't seem to pay attention.

"Maybe you go first." I suggested and Alec nodded his head.

"I'm leaving to an event this evening, just to explain my disappearance." He searched for my reaction as I tried to hide my disappointment.

But why was I disappointed?

"Why?" I got his attention back.

"Arranged party for the CEOs." He told me curtly and I scrunched my nose at this little bit of information.

"Oh." How did he want me to respond to this?

"Now, what did you do ? I'm really curious to hear." Alec looked up to me with some fazed expression and I gulped down for a second time. I sorted of forgot my almost confession.

I looked back at the phone in my hand which still displayed the picture of the phone numbers brightly.

"You wanted to show me something?" He raised his eyebrow and stepped closer. I pressed the phone closer to me while vigorously shaking my head.

"No..I-I." I stuttered out when Alec quickly dived for it. I managed to flick the screen backwards to the previous picture when Alec took a hold of the phone.

"Is this a meme?" The CEO asked with curiosity and I released a nervous laugh. Getting up on my feet, I peeked over to see the recent meme that I had screenshotted on the screen.

"Yeah, just a meme." I paused, my heart jumping against the ribcage. If he freaking swiped the screen I was so busted bush meat.

"Why are you telling me about your plans anyway ?" I decide to change the subject, pretending to act curious. Alec averted his eyes back to mine, so I took that chance to steal the phone out of his hand, which he easily allowed.

I flicked on the screen to blank and threw it onto the brown duvet cover, watching it as it bounced off the bed, before laying screen first.

Safe.

"Although I'm not going to be here tonight, I don't want to you to leave the house." He spoke rather too quickly and I peered at his face carefully. He seemed to want to hide me inside the house, away from the public.

"Don't you think this whole thing is a bit childish? Why do you care so much what people think of you?" I questioned with a frown. My memories travelled back to when he appeared at my mother's funeral, he didn't care that people saw him there, so what's the problem now?

"Alex, I own a company. I have expectations to meet. What are my employers going to think? They are going to resign !" He growled out and I took an involuntary step back. It would be really difficult to fulfil Mrs Garvin's wish if this growl machine kept on getting angry, that's guaranteed.

"Chill out. I don't know anything about businesses!" I exclaimed.

"I do understand that, which is why I will have Caleb looking over you." Alec stated and I groaned out in protest.

"I don't need a babysitter," I crossed my arms over my chest. I was 20, not 5.

"I have no guarantee that you won't leave the house the moment my foot steps over that porch." Alec glared at me harshly before opening his mouth again which I was quick to shut.

"So you have to get me a babysitter that will follow me to the bathroom. You're really funny. Please tell me this is a joke." I glared back at him, Alec stepped closer with one look at the window he diverted his gaze back at me.

"He is going to be around watching over you, not invading your privacy." He stated with a cold stare which I stubbornly meet.

"Okay." I muttered out and blink a few times. Obviously I wasn't going to win this.

"But I will have CCTV cameras imported around the house and outside of it." He informed me, looking too pleased of himself.

"I'm going to slap that smirk off your face in a second." I clenched my teeth roughly which I thought he took notice of.

"Alex, if you didn't run off like what you did that day, everything would have been fine." He shook his shoulders as if all of his problems were due to me.

"My mother died. What do you expect me to do?! Sit there and wait till the ego lord comes home and gives the permission to see my mum. Are you playing a joke on me right now? Because it's completely opposite of funny." I stood up against him.

"I will give you a contract to sign. This will be something to keep you from leaving the house whenever you please." He responded stuffing his hands into the pockets of the denim jeans.

"Have you heard anything I just said?!" I raised my voice.

He was getting me pissed. Really pissed.

"I did." He replied calmly, his eyes dancing over my buffered face.

"Do you even have a heart?!" I asked him.

"I actually do. Surprise. Surprise. Just like any other human." He scruffed out.

"Don't you have feelings? Emotions? I just told you my mother died. Don't you feel something?" I whispered out.

He sighed and walked up to the window looking outside.

"You're an arrogant asshole. This is why no one cares about you. You have no one. " I accused him, without even thinking for a second for what I am saying. As I was purposely trying to hurt him, it made tears swell up in my eyes.

"I have everything I need. Money. Money can buy everything. Do you have the amount of money I do? Do you have rich successful company? Your mother is dead. Your father wants nothing to do with you. Does anyone loves you because from what I've seen there is no one that cares about you." He spat out and I don't notice that the tears had been running down my cheeks.

"I have Sophie." I whispered out. My best friend was everything I needed.

"That w**** was flirting with me on your mother's funeral." He told me and I shook my head to deny it.

"Sophie would never do that." I responded, breathing deeply.

"Ask her." He flashed a wicked grin that I wanted to smack it off of his perfect face.

"You're a bastard." I whispered out.

"Do you really think your immature insults bother me?" He leaned closer to my face.

"Get out." My fists clenched in anger.

"This is my house." He gritted out.

"GET OUT!" I screamed with a sob.

He stormed past me and smashed the door in my face.

I was hurt. I was really hurt.

My heart felt like it had been stabbed over a hundred times.

"I hate you!" I yelled out, knowing Alec wouldn't even hear me, but somewhere deep inside I hoped he did.

AN - another short chapter!!! If you liked it then please VOTE AND COMMENT TO SHOW SUPPORT!!! 

this chapter has been edited by UrbanTales11

pls head over to her profile and check out her work, she's very lovely and I promise you'd enjoy her story!

- e.m