Chapter Fifty-One

I woke up to loud, overlapping chatter coming from downstairs. Alisana was sitting on my bed, staring at me intently. I untied the letter attached to her leg and saw Draco's handwriting on it.

Leah,

I'm so sorry about this morning's Prophet. Wish you weren't with the Weasley's. Good luck Leah, I miss you.

-Draco

I put the letter down and frowned...what the fuck is he talking about? I looked around and saw that the room was empty and the other beds were made. It must be later than I thought.

"Morning everyone," I yawned, making my way downstairs. They all looked at me and I saw sorrow in their eyes.

"Morning sweetie, how are you?" Mrs. Weasley asked gently.

"Uh, fine?" I said like it was a question.

"Sleep well?" Percy asked and I looked around at them.

"Yes... is something wrong?" I asked cautiously.

"Well...," Mrs. Weasley frowned.

"Okay, can I read the Prophet?" I asked, seeing it lying face down on the table.

"Um..." Mrs. Weasley said.

"Here," Sirius frowned. I looked at the headline and gasped.

'Loveland Family Found Dead! One remains!'

Underneath the title was a picture of my 'parents'. So this is what Draco meant. Guess it's time for me to convince the world I didn't already know.

"W-what?" I stuttered out.

"They found your parents dead in your living room. The neighbors went over to see if everything was okay since they hadn't seen them in weeks...," Mrs. Weasley said softly.

My eyes turned a deep blue and I dropped the prophet.

"No!" I whispered.

"I'm so sorry," Potter said. Tears slid down my cheeks quickly, and I took a shuddering breath. 

"They can't be dead!" I cried out as Weasley pulled me into his arms. I sobbed into his shoulder and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"No," I said in between sobs.

"When was the last time you talked to them?" Mrs. Weasley asked.

"I don't know, it's been a little while I guess?"

"I wonder if they've been dead all this time...did they contact you after your sister died?"

"No, actually," I frowned.

"We'll figure this out," Arthur said with finality. I nodded and wiped my eyes.

"I think I'll take a shower," I sighed and then ran upstairs. I locked the bathroom door and took out my wand.

"Muffliento," I whispered and then turned to the window.

"Alohamora," I said, and then turned back to the door and did the same. I then pictured the Malfoy Manor and apparated over.

"Draco, Narcissa?" I called, walking through the living room. Someone started walking down the Hall from my left and I turned to see Severus.

"Did you see this morning's Prophet?" I asked with a frown.

"I did, and I give you my regrets," he smirked.

"Shut up," I laughed, and then Lucius walked in.