Chapter Forty-Nine

When I woke up I realized I was still in my dress. I got out of bed and changed into some sweats, and then took off my old makeup. Walking down the stairs, I smelled bacon swirling through the air.

"Good morning dear, how was the ball?" mum asked.

"Got lowkey assaulted," I shrugged.

"By who?" she asked angrily.

"It was just Alex Carrow. Draco took care of him," I comforted.

"Of course I did," I heard Draco say from behind me, and I turned around to see him leaning against the wall.

"Thanks again," I smiled and he smiled back.

"No problem." he said.

"So what are we doing today?" I asked.

"Thought we'd spend it getting to know each other," mom smiled and I nodded. This was going to be a great day.

***

December 29th

"Pansy!" I yelled up the stairs.

"What?" she snapped.

"Give me my wand!" I called back. It almost stabbed my eye out as she threw it at me.

"Gee thanks," I said sarcastically. She didn't answer and I grabbed my bags from the bottom of the stairs.

"Off to the Weasley's?" Draco grimaced.

"Ugh, yes," I nodded.

"Can I take you, please?" he begged.

"I don't think they'll like that," I said. He sighed and nodded.

"Oh, I'm gonna miss you!" Pansy squealed, running downstairs. She hugged me and I laughed.

"I'll see you in three days!" I giggled.

"Yeah but you'll be with them," she sneered and mom walked over.

"Oh take care of yourself in this tournament, Leah!" she clung to me tightly.

"I've survived so much this far, I promise I'll be fine," I smiled, hugging her back.

"I love you so much," she whispered and I felt myself becoming emotional. 

"I love you too, mom," I said calmly and then turned to Draco.

"Don't miss me too much," I winked and he rolled his eyes.

"I'll try," he smirked and I hugged him.

"Okay, see you guys soon," I smiled, and then Mikey ran in.

"Wait! Leah, I hope everything goes well at Hogwarts. Looks like it's changed in the short year I've been gone," he laughed.

"Yeah, tell me about it. It was really great meeting my half brother," I smiled and he hugged me.

"I'll miss you kiddo," he said.

"Bye Mikey," I smiled and then apparated to the Burrow.

I was on the outskirts of a field with tall grass and what seemed like small little ponds. In the middle, I saw a tall house standing proudly and I sighed, knowing this must be the burrow. I saw Alisana soar overhead and watched her perch on the window. I walked up to the door and knocked three times. I heard voices and the door opened to reveal a flustered Mrs. Weasley.

"Oh, you must be Leah!" she smiled and I smiled back.

"Yes ma'am," I nodded.

"Oh come in, come in! Welcome to our home," she said, ushering me inside.