Chapter Eight

"Hey," Pansy pushed me and I sighed.

"What?" I asked.

"Wake up, it's almost noon. There's an impromptu Quidditch match today," she said.

"I don't want to go. I want to sleep."

"Fuck you and wake up. You're going to hang out with us today and then we're going to have a party later tonight."

"Yeah, come on Leah, it'll be fun," Daphne smiled. I groaned but got out of bed, getting ready for the day.

"Is it cold outside?" I asked.

"Slightly. Might want either a jacket or a sweater," Daphne suggested. I pulled on a black and green knit sweater, black jeans, and boots.

"Alright, let's go," I threw my hair up into a messy bun.

"You aren't going to do makeup?" Pansy asked and I morphed it on to my face.

"How the fuck," she muttered, but followed me into the common room without another word.

"My, my, Leah. You look pretty," Blaise said, a challenge in his eyes. He expected me to be cold. Well, let's just show him how well I can act. I looked up at him through my lashes.

"Thanks," I said and then gave him a once over and a smile.

"You don't look too bad yourself," I winked and then walked out of the common room, Pansy and Daphne giggling as they followed.

"Shit, Leah, didn't think you were interested," Daphne said.

"Well, I ought to allow myself some fun," I said as Draco joined us. He nodded to me and I nodded back.

"Hey baby," Pansy smiled at him.

"Yeah," Draco said, throwing his arm around her, almost as an afterthought. I narrowed my eyes, but said nothing.

"Oh, morning Leah," Hestia smiled, flanked by Flora and another girl. Millicent, I believe.

"Morning," I smiled back.

"Are you going to the Quidditch game? We will if you do," Flora smirked, gathering the attention of our House as we reached the table in the Great Hall.

"Oh yes, I'll be going."

"Perfect, have a team preference?"

The table stared at me.

"I've never seen a Quidditch game, to be honest. I'd love it if someone could tell me the rules. Let me know who's playing," I said.

"Oh we can!"

"Don't worry about it, I'll help you!"

"We can fill you in."

"Fuck them, they don't know up from down."

"Piss off, you lot. We'll be helping Leah out," Hestia gestured to our group.

"They strive to gain the leaders attention and become part of their group. The more you ignore them, the more they'll strive to impress you," Hestia pulled me close so no one else would hear.

"Well, this may prove to be very interesting," I smirked and we sat down.

"So, what was that then?" Draco asked, trying to act casual, but his grip on the table was too tight.

"Don't know," I shrugged.

"Well, it looks like someone is trying to overthrow the current Slytherin hierarchy," Blaise sat across from me.