Chapter Eighteen

"Mr. Malfoy, Ms. Loveland, what are you doing out of bed?" I heard someone say. My smile turned into a scowl and I looked behind us. McGonagall was storming over to us with her grey hair in a loose braid. I didn't realize the old bat's room was near the Gryffindor common room.

"Well, well, what do we have here?" I heard a voice drawl from in front of us. I knew who it was before I saw him. Severus.

"What are you doing up here?" I asked.

"Ms. Loveland I believe that's none of your business. However, it was brought to my attention that two Slytherin students were out of bed," he said looking pointedly at me.

"So, what are you doing up here?" Severus said. I glared at him before putting on a sweet smile.

"Visiting some friends in Gryffindor," I said innocently.

"And who might they be?" McGonagall asked.

"Harry and Ron," I responded. Draco smirked and looked up at the portrait which was currently sweeping open. I peeked up and saw Potter's head poke out and give me an apologetic smile. I had the urge to flip him off, be decided against it and just smiled sadly.

"Mr. Potter, our school celebrity," Severus drawled.

"Potter was Leah with you?" McGonagall asked.

"Yes Professor, we were talking and lost track of time," he said, walking towards us.

"Malfoy wasn't though," he glared. Draco glared back and I just sighed.

"Draco came out to find me because he didn't want me to get in trouble. I wasn't aware of the curfew until I broke it," I said, covering for Draco. 

"Well, as nice as your intentions were, I'm afraid all three of you have detention. Tomorrow night after dinner in my office," McGonagall said before walking off. Potter looked after her in shock as I groaned. Detention my first night.

"Potter, go back to bed. I will escort you two personally," Severus said looking down his nose at me. Potter stalked off, sending me a worried glance and I turned around to head back to the common room with a smirk.

"Poor Potter got detention," I cooed. Draco chuckled and walked beside me.

"Sorry I got you detention," he apologized.

"Yeah, whatever, loud mouth," I teased. He snorted and looked down at me.

"That's highly unattractive, love," I said with an eye roll.

"Nah, you love it really," he shrugged.

"Sure," I scoffed.

"Miss Loveland, I expected better of you," Severus said, making me gasp. I forgot he was behind us.

"I know, I'm sorry, Severus."

"Miss Loveland, you will refer to me as Professor Snape!" Severus scolded, and I winced.

"Sorry again," I laughed but stopped short when my inner left forearm started burning. I hissed in pain and Severus nodded slightly.

"I've uh, I gotta use the loo," I lied quickly.

"Be quick," Severus said. I nodded and ran off in the direction of the Dark Arts room. Before I got halfway up the steps, a beautiful white owl swooped down and dropped a letter on my head. I picked it up and opened it.

Leah,

It's about Claire...she was taken. We don't know who took her, but we heard screams from the dorm and when we finally got up there, she was gone and the room was a wreck. They left a note saying 'Poor Claire, she'll never really know her sister'. What does that even mean? Please, meet me at breakfast tomorrow. I'm really sorry about what happened, I've already told McGonagall. They will find her. I promise.