Chapter Thirty-Seven

I ran up into the boys' dorm and found Draco sitting by the window watching the fish in the lake.

"Draco," I said softly. He turned around in shock.

"What?" 

"I want you back!" I blurted.

"I like you a lot, and my dad saw that. He knew all about us, and he thought you were distracting me from my task.  He made me break up with you, and I knew if I just told you that you'd ask questions. I had to be harsh, and I regret every moment of it!" I took a deep breath and he stared at me with his eyebrows raised.

"I think I love you," I said.

***

Day of the First Task

"Leah, are you ready?" Pansy asked worriedly.

"Yes, I'm good. I can do this!" I sighed as we walked down to the Quidditch field, only it was transformed into the arena. It was quite rocky and the stands were much different.

"Good luck!" she cried, hugging me tightly. I nodded after hugging her back and then I walked into the champions' tent. I saw Potter sitting there nervously, and Cedric was pacing. Fleur seemed to be muttering in French and Viktor was hidden in a corner.

"Leah, are you ready?" Viktor asked in his thick accent.

"Yes I'm ready," I nodded and he hugged me.

"Good luck," he said and I smiled.

"You too," I nodded.

"Leah, we can do this," Potter said, but I knew he didn't believe himself.

"Harry, I know that, but do you?" I asked, smiling sadly.

"Pst, Harry, is that you?" someone whispered from the opening of the tent.

"Yeah, I'm here. So is Leah," he said and I heard her breathing heavily.

"H-how are you two feeling?" she asked and I shook my head.

"Granger, just walk in," I heard a familiar voice say. The opening that was now closed opened again and Draco, along with Granger, walked in. Granger embraced Potter while Draco hugged me tightly. We saw a flash of light and I pulled away from Draco.

"Excuse me, what are you doing?" I asked Rita as she took pictures of us all hugging.

"Oh young love!" she sighed and I shook my head.

"You have no business here. This tent is for champions, and friends," Viktor said sternly and she smiled.

"Oh well, I have what I need," she said before strutting out.

"Be careful Leah," Draco kissed my forehead and I nodded.

"Of course," I said.

"You two are awfully close again," Granger noticed and I jumped away.

"No, we're friends," I said sternly.

*Flashback*

I just told Draco Malfoy I loved him. Draco stared at me for a moment and I just stared back, fearful of what he'd say.

"Leah...I don't love you. You hurt me too badly, I can't go through that ever again," he said and I felt my heart drop into my gut.

"Oh..." I whispered, willing myself not to cry.

"I guess you aren't taking me back?" I asked, trying to sound nonchalant.

"No," he sighed. I nodded slowly and started to turn away, not letting him see my heart on my sleeve.