Chapter Twenty-Nine

"Leah, get your lazy ass up!" Pansy screamed up the stairs. I was feeling extremely exhausted today, and I was thankful it was Saturday. It was God knows what time, but I knew that it was past noon. I picked my head up off the pillow and looked at the clock which read three. Wow, I am lazy. I felt my arm burning and I scowled. Doesn't he know I'm sleeping? I got out of bed and looked in the mirror. My hair was actually okay and the only thing I had to do was brush my teeth. Sure I was in my pajamas, but I didn't look horrible. My pajamas consisted of black shorts and a green lacey tank top. I slipped on black slippers and trudged downstairs.

"You couldn't get dressed?" Pansy sneered.

"Shut up," I snapped and then she smiled at me.

"Morning...or actually good afternoon," Blaise said, looking me up and down and smiling at me.

"Stop admiring my incredibly hot body," I teased.

"Someone's grumpy and conceited," Blaise laughed and I flipped him off.

"Love, where are you going?" Draco asked as I walked out of the common room. My mark burned even worse and I knew father was becoming impatient.

"Well, I figured I'd pay father a visit," I said before quickly closing the door and walking out. I decided I'd use Barty's fireplace and I made my way upstairs. Before I did so, I went into the kitchen and grabbed an apple. I was thoroughly enjoying my apple when I ran into someone, swallowing a chunk of apple. I started gagging, trying to get the apple out of my throat and then I felt someone hit my back, making me spit it out. 

"Oh...good afternoon Ronald," I said coolly before walking off.

"Leah, wait!" he called but I kept walking, and then started running when I heard him coming up behind me. I reached the Dark Arts room and walked in to find Barty and Lucius talking. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked, taking another bite of my apple.

"Leah, why are you in your pajamas?" Barty asked.

"I just woke up, and father really wants me, so I need to go!" I gasped as the mark burst with the intensity of a raging fire. I grabbed some floo powder and appeared at the Muggle manor.

"I was coming, okay?" I asked annoyed as I reached the room my father was in.

"Not fast enough," he spat.

"You woke me up, I had to slip past my friends, then I had to get past Weasley, and then find a fireplace! It took some time!" I snapped and he looked angry.

"Fine, but don't expect an apology," he said coldly. I nodded curtly and sighed.

"What's up?" I asked.

"This came for you," he said, throwing a wrapped package at me.

"Why did it come here?"

"Something about not being so obvious," he shrugged. I opened the package and didn't know whether to gasp or laugh. The most beautiful ruby necklace was sitting in the box. Fenrir actually did it! My jaw dropped and I put it on. I know I made him do this, but I actually wanted one, otherwise, I wouldn't have asked. I saw my father narrow his eyes at me and I smiled sheepishly.

"Who gave you that?" he asked angrily.

"Uh, Fenrir," I said.

"Why did he..." father asked, shaking his head. I laughed slightly and then looked towards the door where I heard a noise.

"Leah, did you get my package?" Fenrir asked excitedly. I nodded and gestured to my neck. He smiled in delight.