Chapter Two

"Darling, we're going to throw out the rest of your birthday cake," Mother said, rummaging through the fridge.

"Why do I care? I don't like cake. I don't know why you kept it so long, my birthday was in July."

"I know, but everyone should get a birthday cake. Maybe one year you'll finally eat it."

"You could always get me something I like. You know, things like chocolate covered strawberries, brownies, cookies," I listed.

"Hush," she looked over my shoulder to see what I was making.

"It's a face mask mix," I said before she could ask.

"Why don't you just use the potion I taught you?"

"Because I didn't feel like listening to your boring ass potion lesson, therefore I can't make what I never learned."

"Leah," she sighed.

"Go away."

"Hey, watch your tone," dad warned and I glared.

"Oh please," I spat and he sighed, running his hands over his face.

"God when are you leaving?"

"In about an hour, don't worry," I glared.

I put a covering over the mix and grabbed the bowl, carrying it up into my room. I put a cooling charm on it and set it on my dresser next to my makeup and moisturizer. Tomorrow I leave for Hogwarts and I can't seem to get all my things together. Every time I think I have everything, I remember that I need something else. I'm going over Uncle Severus's tonight so we can just leave in the morning without disturbing anyone. Mom and Dad are taking Claire to Kings Cross the day after. I grabbed the list Pansy sent to me and looked over it. She told me everything I would need to bring, girl wise. I hadn't even thought of bringing my own bubble bath until she mentioned it.

"Yeah, they have bubble bath in the prefects bathroom, but honestly it's not very good. No scent at all. Seriously, bring your own, that way you know it works well with your skin, and as a bonus it'll smell nice," she'd told me by the pool a few days ago. So, needless to say, I threw in my own bubble bath potion with my shower gels and hair products. I think that I finally have everything. I've made sure I have my robes about twenty times.

"Leah," Claire said, slamming my door open. I turned around, scowling at her.

"What?"

"Can I use your sparkly bath bomb?"

"No, I'm saving that."

"Oh come on!"

"Maybe you should've bought your own while we were at the apothecary."

"That's not fair."

"That's not my problem," I retorted. I started changing out of my tee shirt and shorts in order to put on pajamas.

"Can you please be neat. Pick your clothes up," Claire asked, picking up the bra I just threw on the floor in order to wear a sports bra instead.

"Merlin," I muttered, snatching it from her.

"Are you leaving soon?" she asked, eyeing my bags.

"In an hour," I nodded, pulling on a new tee shirt. It was pretty awesome; it had the Weird Sisters on it. I then pulled on a pair of shorts and put my hair into a bun.

"I want to go a day early," she sighed.

"Look, you're an actual first year. You're supposed to be sorted with the rest and what not. I am not. I'm a fourth year, and it would be extremely weird if I was with all of the first years."