Chapter Four

I headed down to Sev's classroom to bitch about Claire and Potter. When I entered, however, Draco was already there with him.

"Well, well. Looks like someone's out of bed," Draco looked up at me with a smirk.

"Yeah, you should probably get back," I said coolly and he chuckled.

"Can I help you, Leah?" Severus asked.

"Just wanted to bitch a bit," I shrugged.

"How shocking," he raised an eyebrow at me.

"Bitch about what? I'm sure the only thing you'll have to talk about is how cozy you're getting with Potter," Draco drawled and I snorted.

"That's unattractive, love."

"You love it, really," I shrugged as I sat down.

"Is everything alright?" Severus intercepted before we could start bickering.

"Yeah, it's just that Claire is a fucking Gryffindor. As if she wasn't already annoying enough," I wrinkled my nose.

"Watch your language. But, yes, I must agree. Do not tell her that, however. An 'uncle' really isn't supposed to show favoritism," he smirked.
"Yet here we are," I smiled.

"Indeed. Draco, I need to speak to Leah about a few things before classes begin tomorrow. Why don't you go back to the common room?"

"Sure," Draco eyed me suspiciously but did as he was told.

"What's up?" I asked after Draco left.

"Come," Severus held out his arm. I narrowed my eyes but took it anyway. I closed my eyes during the apparation and when we landed, I noticed we were in an old house.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"It's abandoned, don't worry about it. Follow me," he said. We went up some stairs and into a room with a fireplace roaring. Barty leaned against the far wall and there was an unconscious girl seated in the middle of the room.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"We have to make sure you're going to do as you're told if you're one of us," Barty said.
"Of course I am," I snapped.

"Well, here we are," Barty gestured to the girl.

"What do you want me to do?"

"Torture and kill. Standard procedure."

"What'd she do? She's like ten."

"It's not what she did, it's what her parents did. They betrayed the Death Eaters," Barty locked eyes with me.

"Like mine did. So you're saying this could be me if I don't cooperate?"

"No, you're different. But, it could be Claire. That's the threat."

"Why wouldn't I cooperate? That's my question here."

"You're young. Scared, possibly," Barty shrugged.

"Scared?" I scoffed.

"You should know who you're dealing with, Barty. She's much different than we are. She can handle it," Severus put his hand on my shoulder.

"You're damn right I can. You gonna wake her up or what?" I snapped.

"Very well," Barty smiled, waving his wand so the girl regained consciousness. She awoke with a gasp and began looking around frantically.

"Where am I?" she asked, eyes settling on me. Severus and Barty stepped off to the side to watch.

"That's not important, darling."