Chapter Fifty-Four

"You spoke to your father?" Severus grasped my arm just before I entered the Great Hall.

"Yes. He just reiterated that Potter needs to trust me now more than ever."

"Good. We're getting close, it's almost time," he said and I nodded silently as a group of students came around the corner. He let go of my arm and I crossed the Hall to the Slytherin table, sitting next to Draco and across from Pansy.

"Did you see today's paper?" Draco asked angrily, throwing the Prophet down. I picked it up and choked on my pumpkin juice.

"Love/hate relationship between Leah Loveland and Harry Potter! Loveland's relationship with one Draco Malfoy pushes Potter's buttons at the end of their second triwizard task. Potter admits love for Loveland, but she turns him down, keeping her heartbreaker image up. Draco Malfoy is quick to congratulate his girl when she won, but was she really into it? 'Leah is just using Draco, I know it. She's never with him, and it seems whenever her and Potter fight, she's back with Draco. It's to make Potter jealous!' says Clarissa Moon, a fourth year Slytherin. Could there be a secret love between Loveland and Potter that no one knows about? This is Rita Skeeter, reporting for the Daily Prophet, saying goodbye for now."

There was a picture of Draco and me together, with Potter looking at us hatefully. I threw it down and looked over at Moon who was reading the Prophet with a smirk.

"Moon!" I yelled and she slowly looked over. The Great Hall fell silent. Most people had already read the Prophet.

"What is your problem?" I asked angrily, pulling out my wand.

"Just trying to let everyone know the truth," she shrugged, pulling her wand out as well. Potter was watching me in surprise.

"As if you'd know anything about my personal life?" I glared and the professors seemed too shocked by our outburst to say anything.

"Loveland, just go back to Potter, we all know you two are secretly shagging!" she said smugly and I snorted.

"Damn, you found out. My life is ruined," I said sarcastically.

"Daddy won't be proud will he?" she sneered and I stopped for a moment. Then I remembered there was no way she could know about my real father.

"My dad's dead, you absolute bitch," I snapped.

"Oops, I forgot," she pulled a pseudo innocent face. 

"How much longer are you going to be a complete twat?"

"Alright, enough!" Dumbledore's voice boomed. Draco had his hand on my arm, but I didn't look over at him.

"You two in my office, Mister Malfoy and Mister Potter as well!" he said, and I could tell by the look in his eyes that he was furious. I glared at Moon with a burning intensity.

"Ms. Loveland, enough!" Dumbledore fixed me with a firm look and I sighed, walking over to meet Moon and Potter, who were already with Dumbledore. Draco was close behind and a shocked silence remained in the Great Hall as we were escorted out.

We reached Dumbledore's office and we all sat down in silence, not sure what to say. Clarissa not so politely pushed me out of the way so she could be next to Draco. I clenched my fist with a glare and she threw me a dirty look.

"Ms. Loveland and Mr. Potter, would you care to explain this morning's Prophet?" Dumbledore asked and I crossed my arms.

"It's quite obvious we had no part in this."

"I don't know how Skeeter got in," Potter said, his face contorted with confusion.

"Oh Potter doesn't know something, surprise," Moon snarled and I glared at her.