Chapter Fifty-Six

"What do you mean Barty's dead?" I asked Potter, wide-eyed as we ate dinner. It's been a week since the little bond I've 'made' with 'Clarissa' and I cannot believe how many lies are being thrown around right now.

The truth is a rare thing that I can never seem to find.

"Yeah, Barty Crouch," he nodded, and my pulse raced. No, no, no Barty can't be dead!

"Wait...Barty Crouch Junior or Senior?" I asked.

"Senior, Barty Crouch Jr. is in Azkaban," Potter said with confusion clearly written on his face.

"Merlin, I hoped it would've been Barty Jr.," I scowled, covering up my panic attack.

"Don't we all," Potter grimaced.

"So you found him in the Forbidden Forrest...dead?" I asked. This had to be the work of Barty.

"Yeah, it was really weird," he nodded, and I looked at Weasley.

"You know, this year started out normal, now I don't know what's going on," he sighed and I bit my lip.

"Nothing has been normal for me," I laughed, and he gave me a sad smile.

"I bet you're missing Claire and your parents," he said softly.

"I do, it's hard not having any family," I sighed. We fell silent, and Potter gave me a look of sympathy. 

Granger suddenly stood up in frustration and left, to go to the library I'm assuming. That girl needs to calm down!

"Why?" I asked, staring after her.

"She's trying to figure out how Rita Skeeter got into the school," Potter rolled his eyes. I slowly nodded, and my eyes traveled up to the staff table where Barty was staring at me. I slightly nodded and then turned back to Potter and Weasley.

So far nobody's said anything to Clarissa that could give any of us away, and no one else knows she's a spy except for the people in the room that night. Clarissa, however, has been hanging around me more. Seeing as she thinks I'm a Gryffindor lover, she acts super nice to me, and hangs out with us a lot.

Speak of the damn devil and the devil shall come.

"Hey guys!" Clarissa smiled, sitting next to me.

"Hi Rissa," I smiled.

"Are you ready for the third task next week?" she asked and I closed my eyes.

"Yeah, I guess," I nodded, and then opened my eyes.

"How about you, Harry?" she asked, and Potter looked surprised.

"Oh...um, yeah!" he nodded, and she bit her lip with a smile.

"You'll both do great," she said brightly.

"Anyway, Weasley stop gawking," she sneered. I guess she only likes Potter.

"Clarissa, be nice," I smirked, and she sighed.

"I really hate Gryffindor," she sneered, and I rolled my eyes. Liar.

"I'm sure you do Clarissa, but none of us do," I said, gesturing to the whole table, who was now giving us dirty looks.

"Moon, get out of here," Lavender said with a glare.

"Fine, Brown," she snapped, stalking off, blowing a kiss in Potter's direction.

She is such a weird little girl.

***

DAY OF THE THIRD TASK