Chapter Thirty-Five

"Blaise, what the hell?" he yelled. I could see he was hurt and angry.

"Don't yell at Blaise, Draco," I glared.

"What?" he asked, hopelessly confused.

"I kissed him. He didn't come onto me, understand? I'm bored with you, Draco," I shrugged, being cold and heartless.

"Leah...what...no you're just confused. You lost a lot of blood," he said, coming closer.

"No, Draco, I've known I had to break things off with you way before I was attacked. I was trying to spare your feelings by not breaking up with you, but you know what? I'm tired of pretending. Goodbye Draco, we're done," I said, waving him away. Pansy was frozen by the stairs.

"Fine, then I never want to speak to you again," he said coolly before brushing past and storming out of the common room.

"Leah, how could you?" Pansy asked quietly.

"Pansy, you've got to realize that if you're unhappy, then it isn't worth it," I said.

"You could've just talked to him," Pansy sighed.

"I guess you know what you're doing though," she hugged me, "I'm so glad you're okay."

"Me too. How have things been?"

"Well, perfectly fine to be honest, but I suggest you get dressed before Blaise whisks you away," she giggled, and I saw Blaise eyeing me.

"Blaise, I'm sorry, but I'm not into you either," I smiled and he chuckled.

"I figured you were just using me, but hey, a boy can dream," he laughed and I walked up to my dorm, pulling on something comfortable that wouldn't irritate my back. I slipped on some converse and heard my stomach growl. Breakfast should still be ready. I grabbed Pansy's hand and brought her down to the Great Hall.

"Leah," Draco called from behind us just as we reached the table. I turned around and glared.

"No, Draco, I told you! We're done!" I called back loudly, and the Hall was eerily silent. Draco narrowed his eyes and shrugged.

"Fine, I was just going to tell you I've moved onto Clarissa," he smirked and Clarissa's face lit up and he draped his arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer. Clarissa Moon, a sad excuse for a Slytherin.

"Have fun," I said, waving them off and he looked slightly shocked but walked away with her anyway. The whole Hall was watching me with wide eyes, and the Gryffindor table seemed really surprised.

"I'll be right back Pansy...I think," I whispered and then walked over to the Gryffindor table, feeling everyone's eyes on me.

"You know, you can all pick your eyeballs up off the floor now," I smirked and everybody turned around and busily ate their food.

"I can't believe you dumped him," Potter gaped at me.

"Well, you were right. He was controlling me, and I didn't want to be like him," I lied and then sat down.

"Wow, so... all those things you did were because of him," Granger said.

"Yeah, and to be honest I actually thought he loved me. Which is why I stayed with him, but then I lost you guys and realized it just wasn't worth it," I frowned and then all smiled.

"Well, we forgive you. We missed our old Leah," Potter smiled and I bit my lip.

"Really? You'll take me back?" I asked. They all nodded and I smiled brightly.

"Thank you guys so much!" 

"Leah...I hope you know, I wasn't the one who kissed Pansy," Weasley spoke up from further down the table. I guess he and Potter still weren't speaking.

"I know, Pansy told me Draco put her up to it, just so he could have me for himself. I'm sorry, Ron," I smiled sadly.

"It's okay...do you think we could pick up where we left off?" he asked hopefully.

"Ron, I don't think that being in this tournament is really healthy for a relationship. I'd love to, but I can't. Not yet," I said.

"That's okay, I understand," he nodded and I smiled.

"Brilliant, so what's been going on around here?" I asked.

"Ronald and Harry are fighting," Granger muttered to me.

"Why?" I whispered back.

"Ron insists that Harry put his name in that Goblet and isn't telling him anything," she said, rolling her eyes.

"Ronald, why do you believe me but not Harry?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. Granger groaned and put her head in her hands.

"Y-you're a girl, I mean come off it. Why would you put your name in that Goblet, you're so...delicate," he fumbled.

"Okay, first of all, I will kick ass in this tournament, second of all, why would Harry put his name in? He's already got eternal glory!" I said, exasperatedly.

"Why does he have eternal glory?" he asked moodily.

"He's The Boy Who Lived! He doesn't like the attention he gets now, let alone even more of it from this tournament!" 

"I dunno, he seemed like he wanted to enter," Weasley muttered darkly.

"Ron, these tasks could kill us. I wanted to enter more than Harry did, you understand me? Just forgive him, Ron," I said, and Potter looked at him half hopefully.

"No, but I'm not losing you again, so you are forgiven," he said and I shook my head.

"Why are boys so stupid?" I asked and Granger giggled.

"Hey, I'm not stupid!" Seamus called from a couple of seats down.

"You blow everything up!" I laughed and he blushed.

"Well I don't mean to!" he frowned and I smiled.

"I know Seamus," I giggled.

"Leah, uh, I need to talk to you," Potter said, coming out of his thoughts.

"Okay, sure," I smiled. We walked up to the Gryffindor common room and Potter sat down on the couch.

"It's about the first task," he said lowly.

"Right, do you know anything about it?" I asked.

"Dragons, we've got to fight off dragons." 

***