Chapter-26 The One With The Job

Erum's POV
"Found any Job?"- I asked Abeer, who was busy highlighting job vacancies in newspaper.
"Not yet Api"- Abeer said with a sad pout.
"Okay let me help you then in finding one."- I suggested and switched on my laptop and started looking for job vacancies in a multi-national company.

After some time my eyes caught sight of a perfect job suitable for Abeer in one of the top fabric designing company in America.

"Hey Abeer, look what I have found."- I happily showed Abeer my laptop screen and she read the "Urgent News" on the company's website.

"Vacancy of Personal Assistant (Females only) for company's director available in Sehar Group of Industries."- Abeer read aloud and then gave a sarcastic look.

Like Really?

"Api kya yaar?! MBA karke PA ki job karon?"- Abeer said making a sad face and kept searching for vacancies in newspaper.

I snatched the newspaper from her hand and tried to make her understand.

"Abeer comeon, you gotta start from the bottom. Ab directly tumhe koi manager ki post to nahi de dega na?"- I said being obvious.
"And it is one of the top multi-national fabric company. You wanted to pursue career in faishion designing right before becoming a business student. So here's your chance girl!
GO GET YOUR DREAMS"- I said trying to sound filmy and Abeer gave me a "Api tum theek to ho?!" look.

"I am not sure Api, I don't know if I am suitable for this job?"- Abeer said thinking hard.

"Ohh look there's something more written beneath."- I said as I took a look again at my laptop screen.

It read, "The only requirement is "can handle tough situations and give quick ideas."

LOL! Weird.

"Abeer look maybe by becoming a part of this company you might learn something new, and then you can do something for yourself. It's just a learning process. I suggest you should go for the interview and if you don't feel comfortable then you can quit."- I suggessted and Abeer reluctantly agreed.

"That's like a good girl."- I boosted her.
"And hey here's a message written from the director of the company to it's
employees."- I further said.

"It says, 'The expert in anything was once a beginner', by Har...."- I was interupped my Ami's voice.

"Erum, Abeer. Beta dinner is ready."- Mom yelled from downstairs and we both left.

--------------------------------------------
The next day.
Abeer's POV
"Best of luck beta, Allah ne chaha to ye job tumhe hi milegi."- Taiami said as she kissed my forehead and patted my head giving me her prayers.

"Okay Mom I will go drop Abeer to her interview and then I will leave for university."- Erum Api said to Taiami and we both left the house.

"Api, I am still not sure about this job."- I said as she started the car.

I don't know why but my heart wasn't at peace, it was beating so fast. It felt as if something shocking is going to happen.

"Abeer, give it a try atleast. And I don't know why but I am sure you are gonna get this job, because the only requirement was to handle tough situations. And I know that's a peice of cake for you."- Api winked at the end, trying to boost my confidence.

I took a deep breath and made up my mind to finally give my 100%.

--------------------------------------------
"Best of luck."- Erum api smiled and said as she dropped me outside the main gate of the company.
"Thankyou Api, I will see you tonight."- I said and she drove off to her university.