Chapter- 3 The One With The Hate

Haroon's POV
After graduating in MBA program from the Stanford University in America, My dad Muzaffar Iqbal wanted me to come back to Dubai to discuss something important. I wonder what it could be which cannot be discussed on Skype.
I had to come back to Dubai upon insistance from my family.

--------------------------------------------
It's been quite a while now since I am back from America, Dubai is still the same, not changed at all, I have spent my whole childhood here and have alot of good memories here.

Since I am back my dad wants to handover his business to me, but right now I dont think I am responsible enough to fully handle his business, there's still alot I have to learn. So I have decided that I will work as an employee in the office and also my father requested me to teach as a professor in a university since his best friend Omair needs a qualifying teacher, I have given it a thought and decided that there's no harm in it.

--------------------------------------------
Today is going to be my first day in Skyline University and I hope it goes as expected.

I decided to stop by at hyper market because dad said- "Do buy a flower bouquet and greet my best friend Omair well and pay my regards to him." And as an obedient son, how can I not follow my father orders.

I was searching for fresh flower stall and I finally found it, it was at the end of the decoration lane. I was walking in the lane, when a girl in her early 20's turned around and bumped into me which made me to lose balance but I managed myself, but the only sound after that I heard was..."SMASHHH..."

People gathered around to witness the scene and some of them passing comments like "Ohh", "Irresponsible people" and a desi aunty overreacting comments put a cherry on the top.

I could sense the girl whom I bumped into was fumed up till now.
Finally the sales man came and cleared the mess and people carried on with their shopping.

The girl was about to leave the situation when I halted her and said- "Excuse me Miss, you gotta pay for the loss." And I think she didnot like what I said.

I mean comeon how can she run after the loss she has created?

"I am sorry Sir, I think you are mistaken, it's not me who created the mess, It's you who did this so you have to pay for the loss"- she replied pointing a finger at me.

I tried to remain cool and said- "ahaha no Miss it's you who did this." I had to
point my finger at her as she did too.

"What's so funny han?! don't you dare put your goddamn blame on me" - She said in her fuming anger.

I couldn't keep my calm anymore and started- "YOU...", but I was interrupted by a man probably the manager of the store and he adviced us to keep our voices low as the customers are getting disturbed and he also adviced us to divide the loss among ourselves and pay at the counter and left after saying.

IS HE FOR SERIOUS??

I was dumbfounded by what just happened when suddenly the girl turned around, facing towards me, she took out money from her purse and handed them over to me with a jerk.
"Here's my half for the loss" - She said smiling in a thin line.

"Thankyou and I hope you don't have a good day"- She further added and left the place.

"Tumhari shakal dekhli ab kahan se din acha guzre ga....AARGHHHH!!! BATAMEEZ LARKIII" - I thought to myself.

This girl has hurted my ego, she should pray that she never crosses my way again otherwise it could turn horrible for her.