Chapter-19 The One With the Bitter Truth

Haroon's POV
I woke up early this morning, as I wasn't able to sleep all night. The heart and mind battle disturbed me all night.
We will be going back today afternoon after lunch, but before that I need to clear this mess.
I need to tell Abeer each and everything anyhow today.
Warna kal jab usse pata chalega to wo toot jaegi.
I gathered up the courage to finally talk to her and tell her the bitter truth.

I messaged Abeer to meet me at the restaurant inside the resort exactly after 15 minutes and recieved her message "Okay 🙈" in just few seconds.

Agar mene aaj hi Abeer ko sari sachai nahi batai to phir kabhi nahi bata paonga.

--------------------------------------------
I was waiting for Abeer in the restaurant, but she isn't here yet. I was looking at my wrist watch again and again as if the time would run.
Suddenly my mobile vibrated and it was a message from her.

Abeer: Sorry can't come. Got caught up by some work of Mrs. Brittany 😕 See you later. 😘

I banged my hand on the table in frustration, and raked my hands through my hair and left the restaurant.

--------------------------------------------

Abeer was continuously busy, sometimes with her friends or sometimes someone or the other burdened her with some work.

She was standing at afar from me with her friends when our eyes met.
Her eyes told me how sorry she is for not coming to the restaurant, I just smiled and assured her that it's fine, and she smiled back.

--------------------------------------------
It's almost time for us to leave but I haven't got the chance to talk to her!!
Everybody was moving towards the buses.

I saw Abeer coming out from the hut.
That's it I need to talk to her right here, right now!!

I went towards Abeer and was about to call her but Mrs. Brittany came in the way and she handed Abeer with her bag.

"Abeer can you please go and keep this bag in the bus?"- Mrs. Brittany requested Abeer.
Abeer's eyes met mine. "Sure maam"- She reluctantly agreed to Mrs. Brittany's request, and she left looking helplessly at me.

--------------------------------------------
Before Abeer gets busy in some other work, I followed her towards the bus and as soon as she kept the bag, I held her hand in mine and dragged her away from there to a silent place where I can peacefully talk to her.

"What is it Haroon? What are you doing? Sab kya socheinge ? We can talk later, whatever it is. Chalein ab yahan se."- She kept on blabbering and was about to leave when I held her hand and she stopped in her tracks.
"Abeer I don't care what people will think! I just need to talk to you right now! It's important please listen to me."- I said a bit frustrated.
"Okay fine. Tell me what is it bothering you?"- She signalled me to continue.
"Abeer you need to know the truth, Whatever I say you have to trust me."- I said with plea in my eyes and she gave me a confused look.
"Abeer I am..."- I just started and soon I was interuppted by the loud voices of Sumaiyya and Maliha.

"Hey Aby, everybody is waiting for you both in the bus. Come let's go."- Maliha said as she held Abeer's hand and took her away.
Efffff!!!

Abeer turned around and waved her hands for me to come.

-------------------------------------------