What Happened

Forever.

Always.

These are words you once said.

You would hold me close.

Protect me. Love me. Cherish me.

Where did it all go?

That glance that made me fall in love with you

All over again.

That touch that took my breath away.

I miss it. I need it. I yearn for it.

Love me.

That is all I ask of you.

It seems like love is to much to ask for.

You say you are trying hard

Putting in your all.

How hard can it be?

Honestly, how hard can it be to love someone?

Maybe you are trying to hard.

Maybe if you just show me how you feel

It would work.

Maybe you aren't trying hard enough.

I'm not sure what it is, because if I knew

I would tell you.

Once that look

That magical, loving stare

Comes back into your eyes.

Once you hold me and I feel safe and secure

Protected from everything harmful in this cruel world

I'll be yours.

I'll surrender my everything to you.

My heart.

My body.

My soul.

No one in this world should have to beg to be loved. Nichole had such tunnel vision when it came to this boy that she would not, could not, even consider anyone else. Not even for a moment would another boy enter her thoughts this way. At least not until many years later, and after much heart ache.

Everybody loved Nichole and she unconditionally would love you back. I believe that she felt like, I love you so very much so you should love me back the same way. She was to young to fully understand how complicated love can be, and so was he.

So if you find your young self "hopelessly" in love with someone else, please don't expect that the other person will automatically love you back the same way. All that does is cause heart ache, pain and confusion. It does NOT mean there is anything wrong with you, or that you need to change in any way. It especially does not mean that you should give yourself to them physically to "prove" your love. If you hear this - RUN!!!!

Just accept that that person can not appreciate what you are trying to give and move on. I promise there is a someone special out there for you, just be patient. I hope love comes to all of you, just please don't be in such a hurry.

If this poem touched you in any way please vote.