Uninvited Pain

Hello.

Hello uninvited pain. So we meet again. How acquainted we are. Do you remember when last we met?

How long you stayed, wearing out your welcome. Becoming comfortable. How long will you be here today?

Hello uninvited pain.

Pain I bring upon myself. How awkward our connection.

Are you really uninvited, or do you receive invitations written in my blood?

Are you thirsty? Thirsty for my blood, my tears and my sorrow.

Do you bask in the storm of my feelings, absorbing through your pores, the power I release every time I cry?

Do you grow from the wallowing of this broken heart and shattered soul?

Are you even there?

I wish I could look into your eyes. I wish I could look deep into their black holes and dam you to hell.

Or are you already there?

Is my hell your savior?

My pain your joy?

I feel sorry for you uninvited pain. How lonely you must be, to only visit the weak and unfortunate.

You will never know bliss, love or lust.

Maybe you will know lust, but will you ever know a physical touch? A touch that is because of a connection, and not only an attraction?

Be my friend. Turn my pain into something good.

I will wait....

Nothing?

You still hover in my presence.

I pity you pain.

I will overcome you. I will move on, and where will you go?

Only to yet another weak being. Knowing they too will leave you.

Always alone.

Always condemned.

Always uninvited.

This one was written kind of different than most of Nichole's poetry, but I thought it had a message that I wanted to share with you.

It seems to me that Nichole finally got to a point where she knew these feelings were coming and with them the pain she always fought.

I don't know if someone can "stand up" to pain, but it seems like Nichole did, or least tried to. Like she knew it was coming, she knew it would hurt and she knew she would overcome it and not let her keep her down.

If this is what you got out of her words, please hang on to them. When that uninvited pain finds you, stand up to it, it will not last forever, you are stronger that it is. If you need help to fight it, please reach out to someone.

I appreciate that you are reading Words A Mother Never Heard, and I continue to ask for your vote. Thanks.