Friends And Family

**The next four poems were written for a friend and family members.**

Amanda

Your heart was loving I have seen

And when you were weak, you did lean.

Leaned on me and I was there

And much happiness we did share.

You were my friend you precious jewel

And together we broke all the rules.

Forever and always we will be

Good and bad, joy and grief.

And then one day you were gone

I think about you and watch the dawn.

Because in my heart my best friend lies

And I know that the goodbyes

Won't last for an eternity,

Because one day we'll be together

You and me.

Nichole experienced the death of someone she loved for the first time while in high school. She use to say that her and Amanda were twins, I must admit they were very much alike. Amanda was a sweet young woman. She died in her sleep from a heart condition that her parents never knew she had. Nichole was devastated and cried herself to sleep for a long time after this loss.

At the time of Amanda's death, her parents did not have any insurance on her to cover funeral expenses. Nichole, with the help of some of Amanda's other friends from school, got together and organized a dance to be held at the high school gymnasium. There was an entrance fee, food, baked goods,paper plates and cups,eating utensils (all donated), a fifty-fifty raffle, a D.J who donated his services and a donation booth set up. The students got decorations donated, and what they still needed they made themselves. All proceeds went to Amanda's parents to help with her final expenses.

This was the kind of person Nichole was, always wanting to do the right thing. I was so proud of her and her fellow class mates that day. Please take a moment to vote if you liked this poem.