Chapter 49

'Help me' Sean mouthed, causing Mark to laugh. 'You did it.' Mark mouthed back. 'She helped.' Sean mouthed, his eyes wide as he flinched while Sydney hit him again. "Sean. You're not helping yourself." Pandora muttered. Sean gently grabbed Sydney's hands, causing Sydney's eyes to water, "I just want her out." She whispered, tears flooding her eyes. "I know, baby. I know." Sean whispered, sitting in the bed as he held her.

"This is so sad." Pandora whispered standing up and walking to the other side of the bed, "You got this Syd. You've came this far."

"But I just don't know if I can." Sydney whispered, tears traveling down her cheeks. "You can." Pandora said, brushing Sydneys hair back with her fingers, slowly combing through it. Mark slowly stood and walked over, taking one of Sydney's hands, "You got this, bro. You got this." He spoke, causing Sydney to laugh slightly. "You're not funny Mark." Pandora laughed, looking between the two friends.

"I'm fucking hilarious." He replied, smirking, causing Sydney to laugh harder. "No you're not!" She argued, "I swear to god you two are just alike!"

Sydney smile lightly, wiping her eyes, "I'm okay with that." She mumbled. "I sure hope you are, considering you are my best friend." Mark joked, causing Sean and Pandora to scoff. "Bitch please, she's my best friend." As Sean said, "I thought I was your best friend!"

"Well, I mean, I.. Oh, is my phone ringing, I should take this." Mark quickly spoke, standing up and pulling his phone out of his pocket. "No one is calling you, asshole." Pandora grunted, looking confused. "Pfft.. Yeah they are.. Its my aunt... Jamima." He muttered, causing Sydney to start laughing. "He's not funny! And you're not helping prove my point!" Pandora stated, a laugh escaping her lips as she playfully scolded Mark and Sydney. Sydney kept laughing stopping abruptly as she hissed, "Ah, fuck."

"You okay?" Pandora asked, looking at Sydney then to Jack, furrowing her eyebrows. "Someone get a nurse, please." She spoke quietly and rushed, biting at her lip. "Shit-um.." Pandora whispered before basically running out of the room and grabbing a nurse. As Pandora pulled the nurse into the room, Mark's face was one of horror, "Whether I'm ready or not, this baby wants out now." Sydney hissed, breathing jaggedly.

"Oh shit." Mark muttered, "Aye, Pan, how about we wait in the hall?" Mark asked, his hands jerking as he watched a doctor and a few nurses fill the room; Pandora immediately nodding. Mark grabbed Pandora's hand, biting his lip as they stayed outside. "I thought you wanted to stay in there..?" Pandora asked confused as she leaned against the wall. "I don't know if I can watch that, I don't like seeing her in pain." He mumbled.
"Me either." She whispered back, looking at the ground, "I want to be in there; for her, but just don't know if I can handle it."

"We can do this, it's not that big of a deal." Mark mumbled, biting his lip. "It must be if you can't stay in there." Pandora muttered, standing closer to him, "Ive never known you to run away from anything."

"I love you, we can do this." Mark mumbled, laughing at himself, "We're not even having the baby." He finished, flinching as he heard Sydney groan in pain. "I love you too?" She said, slightly confused, "Are you okay?" She asked, placing a hand on his chest. "Yes, of course." Mark replied, placing a hand over her lightly. "You sure about that?" She smiled, stepping closer to him, looking up at his face.

"I don't know, I was just thinking." Mark mumbled, running his thumb over Pandora's fingers. "About?" She asked, slightly pushing the issue. "What if one day, if we have a child, that I won't know what to do? What if I'm too scared to be in the room when you're having him? Or her. I dont know, it's kind of stupid." He mumbled, chewing on his bottom lip. "Oh honey.." Pandora sighed, bringing her hand to his face, her thumb running over his cheek bone, "You'd be an amazing dad, no doubt about it and it's not stupid. It's normal to worry about things like that, especially when it involves another life." She started, "and trust me, you'll be more excited than scared when and if we ever have a child."