Chapter 33

"I love you.." Mark heard Pandora whisper in her sleep, "No, please don't leave me.." She whispered as she thrashed around in the bed. It was rare if she ever talked in her sleep, but when she did, Mark knew something was wrong. "Babe.." He whispered as he shook her body, "wake up." He added. She only turned over, her back facing him. "Pandora Rose, wake up." He spoke a little louder as he watched her body shake with sobs before pulling her into his arms and rubbing her back, causing her to wake up moments after that.

The sun had rose in the mean time as this event had taken place. "What's wrong?" He asked as he watched the tears fall down her face and onto his arm, which he didn't care about. He was more worried over Pandora than a few tears on his arm.

"It's nothing," she said as a hiccup left her mouth. "You're lying." He whispered, pushing the hair that had fallen into her eyes away from her face. "It's nothing, promise." She whispered back, but more harsh. Mark gently ran his finger up and down Pandora's back, "Please, don't lie to me Panda.." Mark murmured in a soft tone.

"It's not important." She sighed as she wiped her eyes, before slowly turning over, her back facing him. Mark pulled Pandora closer against him. "I think it is." He whispered, moving her hair out of the way and kissing the back of her neck lightly.

She let out a shaky breath before turning her head. "It was you." She barely whispered, "You left."

A frown formed on Mark's face, rubbing her side gently.

"See, I told you, it's nothing," she commented as she scrunched her pillow underneath her head, slowly trying to pull herself out of his arms.

Mark held her tight, turned her to face him. "I'm never leaving you. I'm not going anywhere." He whispered, peppering kisses all over her face, and burying his face in her neck, "I'm too in love with you to go anywhere. I'd never want to." He whispered again, holding her tight.

She placed her hands on his chest, "I don't know why I dreamt it." She quietly remarked, "it felt so real though."

"That's the thing, it's not real.. It'll never be real." He murmured against her skin. "You don't know that.." She said, "you don't know what could happen." She stated, "I practically left you not even two weeks ago, Mark."

"I guess it's time to come clean.." Mark replied, completely serious. "Pandora.. I'm a psychic."

She rolled her eyes, pushing his chest, "Shut up." Then muttering, "You're not funny." Mark smiled small. "You know you love it." He grinned, tickling her sides.

"You're still not funny." She said as she tried to fight his hands, "Stop." She laughed. "Admit that I'm funny." He grinned, still tickling her. "Never." She laughed.

Mark stopped, keeping his hands on her sides and leaning close, their lips almost touching. "You're so beautiful."

"And you're a kiss up." She laughed, closing the small space between them. Mark chuckled against her lips, holding her close to him. "It's literally 7 am. And here we are, wide awake, because of me." She murmured as she pulled away but not long until she pulled his neck back down.

One of Mark's hands traveled to the back of Pandora's thighs, hiking her leg up around him. "I'm okay with that." Mark murmured as he pulled away for a moment, leaning back down again.

"I dunno, I do like my sleep.." She trailed off against his lips, running her finger across his chest. "And I like you.." Mark mumbled, moving his hand to the back of Pandora's neck. "Well I love you." She laughed at his eager actions. She wrapped her arms around his neck, smiling up at him.

Mark smiled down at her, letting her leg slide and drop off his waist. "And I love you, too."

A few moments later, the two heard a knock on the door. "Who the hell comes over this early?" Pandora groaned, looking over at Mark, who was now laying beside her. Mark sighed, looking back at Pandora. "I don't know, morning people."

"Well go answer it." She groaned, hearing them knock one more time, "or should I?"

Mark pouted but got out of bed, mumbling, "I got it." and walking to the door. Outside the door was his mom, step dad, and brother. He slowly opened it, not expecting them. "Mom? What are you doing here?" He asked, his morning voice slowly coming out. He scratched his throat, looking at the three.

"I figured you needed someone," his mom smiled, "You sounded like you two wasn't.. You know.. Getting along too well, so I figured, well we, figured we'd come out and see you. It's about time we meet.. Uh Pearl?" His mom said, trying to think of Pandora's name.

"It's Pandora mom." He corrected.

"Mark, who's at the door?" He heard Pandora call from the top stair. "Uh.." He trailed off, glancing up the stairs then looking at his mom. "Come in and wait in the living room right here for a minute, and I'll be right back, alright?"

His family looked confused as he walked up the stairs, leaving them to find the living room empty.

Pandora looked confused as she watched Mark run up the stairs, "What's going on?" She asked, confusion lacing her tired features. He grabbed her arm, dragging her into their room before slightly slamming the door behind him.

Mark bit his lip, pacing in front of the door. "Mark." She hissed, grabbing his arm, "What. Is. Wrong?" She asked once again, emphasizing every word she said.

"I.. My family is here. My mom, my step-dad, and my brother. They're here. Right now."

"And that's a problem because?" She asked, not seeing the point. She walked over to Mark, who was now biting his nail on his thumb, pulling his hand from his mouth, then wrapping her arms around his torso.

"I'm just.. I don't know. Worried, I guess." He murmured. "I don't see why you're worried." She said, trying to comfort him, "Everything will be fine."

"You promise?" He whispered childishly. "I promised, Mark." She smiled at him, "The worst they could do is hate me."

"But that would be the worst thing.." He mumbled, holding her close and pouting. "Don't focus on that, okay?" She kissed his cheek, "Now, let's go meet this family of yours." She said as she pulled him out of the room, him almost tripped, making her bust out in laughter, him chuckling as well.

She interlaced her hand with his at the top of the stairs before tugging on his hand, then walking downstairs, seeing his family sitting on the couch. Mark smiled when he saw they, letting go of Pandora's hands for a moment to give everyone a hug.

"Sorry for rushing out earlier, I just didn't know you was actually coming here and Panda-Pandora didn't know.. So.." Mark tried to explain, but miserably failing. Mark grinned innocently.

Pandora facepalmed, trying to hide her giggles. "So you're Pandora?" His brother, Tom, asked. She could see his step dad, (a/n: dunno the name, gonna go with Peter) looking at her, harshly.

She gulped then nodded, "Hi.." She bit her lip, she honestly thought meeting his family wouldn't be this bad, but goddamn, it was terrifying.

Mark held her hand, squeezing it lightly. She looked at the ground, sighing then back at Mark, who was already looking at her. She shifted slightly and he could tell that she was uncomfortable with the situation before hand.

Mark pulled Pandora close. "We should all go out today. To dinner, or lunch."

"I-I'm sorry for being awkward." She whispered to him, "I didn't think it'd be this hard." She sighed. "It's okay, I understand." He replied quietly.