.{46}.

Zelda's eyes widened as she coughed up blood.

This pain...it's unbearable. I usually freak out when something sharp goes into my skin...but as long as Link's here...I'd do anything for him...

The rope unraveled from around their necks and disappeared into thin air.

"Shame..." Cia pitied, "And I really wanted to see a fight between you two."

Link dropped his sword and ran over to her, holding her in his arms. He looked down at Zelda, who's chest wouldn't stop bleeding. He shook her gently, trying to wake her up, as he couldn't contain himself from tearing up.

"Zelda please....!"

With the little movement she had left she managed to tilt her head to look up at him. 

"Link..."

"You...you gotta stay with me...okay?" Link said shakily. 

"Are you...hurt...?" Zelda groaned.

"Why are you worrying about me?! You're the one who has a hole in your chest, why would you do something so reckless?!"

"Why do you think, you goon...?" she was able to say through the pain with a smile on her face. Link sobbed more as he brought her closer to his chest, understanding her true feelings for him.

"....."

"Talk to me Link...your voice makes me happy..."

"....."

"....."

"...I love you too."

"Link..."

"...."

"You have no idea how glad I am to hear that from you..."

Link was now stained from the pool of blood that was still pouring out from Zelda's wound. He felt her heartbeat slow down and soon her eyes were left opened and lifeless. Link checked for a pulse to make sure he wasn't imagining it. He frantically started shaking her and did a double-take, checking her heartbeat every second he could. When he looked at her body once more, he realized that she wasn't coming back. Her fair skin faded has lost its rosiness as she lied in his arms motionless. He set her down on the ground once again and wept over her.

As Link sat there, vulnerable, Cia decided this was the right time to dispose of him once and for all.

Guess I'm getting a hold of both the triforce of wisdom AND courage... she thought to herself.

She crept up behind Link and raised her scepter above him, which transformed into a giant sword. Her smiled curled into a menacing expression as she attempted to stab Link.

Now DIE!!!

"I'm done yet."

Her attack was blocked by a blue shield with the triforce symbol on the front. 

"UGHH I almost had you!" Cia scowled, "I should've known an attack like that wouldn't get past you..."

Using his shield and all his strength, he thrusted her away from him, pushing her far back. He stuck his sword in the ground and used it to pull him up onto his feet. Once he stood up, his triforce symbol on his hand began to glow a fierce and bright gold (not yellow). Soon, his whole body was encircled in the golden flames, his eyes glowing and his agility improved. Cia had finally recovered from Link pushing her back.

"So this is your true power?" Cia admired as she pointed her sword at him, "Now I'm even more determined to pry it from you."

Link remained silent as he stared her down.

As he was charging up his attack, the golden flames around him grew even more massive. His Master Sword was also now beaming in the same golden flames he was. Cia, on the opposite side, was gathering all of her energy as well, becoming a bit intimidated and growing anxious by Link's upgrade.

"HHUUGH!" Cia charged towards Link with her strongest attack, looking at him dead on.

Finally, I'll be the one to end the Hero of Time...

As she got ready to attack him, a flash of light shone and Link was gone right before her eyes. 

What the-- where is he?!

Link now reappeared but stood on Cia's left side. She swung her sword once again, but missed. Link had already disappeared. He appeared again on her right. In front of her. Behind her. Every time she tried to attack him, Link would disappear. He then reappeared in front of her once again and began spinning in a circle, forming a huge whirlwind of golden flames. The flaming twister came closer and closer to her, tailing Cia wherever she went.

"Damn you!"

The flames then vanished and Link was nowhere to be seen. Cia was on guard, expecting Link to appear when she wasn't aware. She kept looking out for everything in front of her, ready if he decided to ambush her. 

"HEEYAAAH!"

With a speedy dash, Link appeared behind her and lunged towards her, his sword pointed towards her abdomen.

"UNGHH!"

It was all too quick for Cia to react. 

The splattering of blood was heard and seen. With Link's force, he managed to drive a huge hole right into her stomach. Cia dropped to the floor, losing consciousness from the amount of blood spilling out.

"That power...I couldn't see it coming..." Cia groaned, "Damn you Link..."

As her corpse lay on the ground, her body turned into dust and was blown away by the wind, traveling far away from the school. The creatures that were released from the Twilight Realm were disappeared and returned to the dark hole that was formed in the sky, as a result of Cia's death. As soon as the town was cleaned up, the hole closed and disappeared into the clouds, which faded from a somber gray to a series of oranges and pinks, as the next day approached.