.{28}.

"Roy what's happened?" Robin asked. 

"Just come and see!" the guy named Roy said, motioning for them to follow. The four friends exchanged looks.

Robin sighed as he stood up, offering a hand to Lucina. Pat and Zelda were already walking in front of them to the skateboard ramp, chatting with each other.

"So now you want to help me off my feet?" Lucina remarked. 

"I apologized!"

The four of them finally made it to the outside skate ramp, where a huge crowd of cheering people gathered around it. It reminded Zelda of a fight club atmosphere.

"Wow is this an actual skateboard competition?" Zelda asked.

"I guess so! I can even see judges! I'm excited to see who's competing," Pat replied.

+++++++

"Link?! No way, I'm not skating against him!" an unfamiliar voice yelled from the ramp, surrounded by three other people.

"So you're forfeiting then?" Ike chuckled. He was leaning on Link's shoulder very casually, hyping his friend up.

"Afraid to go up against the Hero of Time in a little skate-off, Mac?" Samus said smugly, "He's dealt with much worse besides you."

Mac was growing irritated.

"Watch it Samus. And I'm not forfeiting. If anything, I'm ready to kick your ass, Link!" 

Samus rolled her eyes. Link nodded and stuck out his hand to shake Mac's, but Mac just spit on the ground and walked away.

"Oh you're real mature Mac. When this is over I'm gonna fuc--" Samus retaliated until Ike pulled her back by her ponytail, knowing that things would escalate if she continued. 

"OWW Ike!"

"At ease soldier," he joked.

Mac picked up on her and Ike and smirked.

"Alright I'm feeling confident now so let's make a little bet then, since you think you're hot shit, Link. I win, Sam goes with me to the year-end ball."

Samus and Ike's eyes widened. Samus broke free of Ike's grasp and stomped towards him pissed.

"What the hell do you think I am Mac?! You're insane!" she  shouted. Ike stepped in front of her in her defense.

"Mac c'mon! What kind of deal is that?" Ike interjected.

"Wow I definitely hit a nerve! So does that mean you guys are backing out?" Mac provoked. 

"Not a chance in hell! Link's gonna mop the floor with your creepy ass. And if he wins, you get lost and Link gets your board. Got it?" 

Samus trembled a tad when she heard how aggressive and intimidating Ike sounded. 

Geez, he's scary when he's mad. Not making that happen in the near future...

"Deal!" Mac grinned.

Mac eyed Link threateningly before heading towards the ramp.

"I'll go first. I want you to see what you're up against and maybe you'll have second thoughts," Mac said cockily. Link had no reaction and turned to find a seat next to Ike and Samus.

"Hey dude, hope you don't mind that I did the talking. I know you're not very...uh...outspoken," Ike said scratching the back of his head anxiously. Link smiled reassuringly at him and gestured that it was totally fine. Ike let out a sigh of relief.

"Hey you've got this okay? Mac's all bark and no bite, you'll wipe him."

Link nodded determinedly. Lucina, Robin, Pat, and Zelda found the group and joined them on the benches, Zelda sitting next to Link who was when he saw Zelda.

"Hey you! I was starting to think you weren't coming. So you're skating against him? He seems overconfident in a bad way," she observed. He shrugged nervously, looking at Samus.

"I heard the bet. What a jerk. But hey, even if you lose, Samus won't be going with that guy at all, I can assure you that. She's Samus after all," Zelda said trying to ease the tension, "All of us know how good you are, now you just have to prove it to these strangers. I know you've been practicing a lot, so do your best!" she said smiling cheerfully. Link took what she said into mind until his thoughts were interrupted by the crowd cheering after Mac's performance. The three judges held up their scores.

10, 7, 9.

It was now Link's turn. He got up from his seat and made his way to the ramp as the crowd cheered enthusiastically for him.  

"I'll be cheering for you!" was the only voice Link heard within the excitement of the crowd. He paused in his tracks, turned to look at Zelda, and smiled comfortingly. He climbed the ladder that led to the top of the ramp. Everyone was silent. Link closed his eyes and took a deep breath in, imagining he was skating in the local park with the grassy field at sunset. He opened his eyes, leaned forward, tipped his board over the edge. 

He was now skating back and forth on the ramp, doing tricks every moment he was airborne. Aerials, kickflips, McTwists, and other moves were executed as Link enjoyed himself thoroughly. He decided to get interactive with the audience and steered off of the ramp, skating near the crowd. He performed a noseglide on the railing which separated the ramp from the audience, trying to engage with them.

Link continued with a boost of adrenaline for a few more minutes then skidded to a stop. The crowd was at first in awe then cheered excitedly for Link. The judges whispered to each other as if something was wrong. The announcer began to speak.

"According to our judges it is illegal to skate outside or off the ramp in a competition. This will, unfortunately, result in a forfeit. Mac wins the competition!"

The crowd bursted in uproar, anger, and bewilderment. Mac was standing victoriously and glanced over at Samus flirtatiously. Samus twitched as she thought of herself being with Mac. The judges looked around to see the people's upset reactions and called the announcer over.

"Uhm it seems the judges are rethinking their decisions..." he boomed over the loud speaker. The crowd became quiet as they listened intently.

The judges dispersed and called over the announcer once again.

"It seems that after reconsideration and taking into account his creativity and talent during his skate, the new winner of the competition is Link!"

The crowd shouted ecstatically and stood up applauding for him. Link beamed immensely, just as surprised. Mac was enraged. He tossed his board down at Link's feet and huffed away in defeat.

"That's my guy Link!" Marth exclaimed, bringing him in for a bro hug. 

"Yeah he didn't stand a chance. Thanks for making sure I didn't have to go with him. I don't know what I would've done," Samus said gratefully. Once Link was congratulated by his peers and his supporters, he finally got to talk with Zelda. 

"I told you you'd be awesome and looked what happened!" she giggled. Link grinned and shrugged. He reached out and grabbed her upper arms with both of his hands, comfortingly.

"Thanks," he said shyly. 

A/N: AH! Sorry it's long! I just...need to...get the stuff...in before I fall...asleep. Aaand I'll probs forget my ideas the next day. GRR short-term memory! Ik I can just write it down or something but meh, my fingers get tired from typing sm. Hope all y'all are doing well and I appreciate all the support this story has been getting! Anyways, I hope you enjoyed it, please comment and suggest things, and I'll see you in the next part XD