.{9}.

A/N: Wow okay almost 50 reads and 17 votes? You guys rock! Do you like the longer chapters? I'm thinking this might another long one but idk yet lolz. Anyways, with that, let's continue...

Link awoke to the sound of birds chirping

Link awoke to the sound of birds chirping. He looked down at Zelda. She was still sound asleep, resting her head on his shoulder. Link looked down at his watch. They should probably get going if they wanted to make it to school. He shook her gently and she slowly lifted her head from his shoulder and looked at him half asleep.

"...Sorry. I hope you didn't mind that I used your shoulder as a pillow," she said rubbing her eyes.

Link shook his head then pointed to his watch. Zelda leaned in to see the time closer then groaned in laziness.

"Okayuhhh..." 

They slowly stood up and started walking away from the hill. There was silence the entire way back to school. Once they got there, Link's stomach growled in hunger. He clutched it, thinking that it would mute the noise.

"Me too," Zelda sighed, "Why don't I run back to my place and make us some boxed lunches during free period? Can you hold up till then?"

Link nodded but Zelda could tell he felt guilty for making her go to the trouble.

"It's no trouble at all. You know me, I cook and bake all the time. Don't sweat it!"

Link's frown turned into a smile and continued walking ahead of her. Zelda ran up next to him to catch up. The two of them finally approached the school where Link's friends called out to him as soon as they saw him coming.

"Link come here! Gotta show you something," Marth yelled from across the hallway. He had a whole crowd around him. Link turned to Zelda apologetically.

"Don't make your friends wait!" she said cheekily.

Link grinned thankfully and ran towards his friends. He waved back at Zelda, who waved back in return. All of a sudden, Zelda felt a sense of uneasiness-- like there was someone lingering behind her, waiting for something.

"Zelda right?" a prissy voice said.

"Hi Peach...!" Zelda said nervously smiling. She was with Daisy and Rosalina backing her up too. 

"You and Link have been hanging a lot recently."

"Oh don't worry! I'm not trying to get in between anyth--"

"--Listen, I don't know what you're always doing with Link after school, and I understand he hangs out with friends all the time, but this is just excessive."

"Sorry what--"

"--Enough hanging out with him, " Daisy said bluntly.

"Thought you'd be a little smarter than this, you shouldn't look so surprised," Rosalina chuckled. Zelda didn't know how to respond to any of that, so she just decided to just leave, seeing as she wouldn't get anywhere from this.