.{26}.

A/N: Just a quick thanks to all you guys commenting and supporting the story so far- it means a lot! W/o saying much, let's continue...

"Zel! We missed you at the beach yesterday!" Pat exclaimed from the school hallway. Zelda was putting her things in her locker when she heard this. Now facing Pat, Samus, and Lucina, she waved, closed her locker shut, and ran over them.

I know I feel bad I couldn't come. How was it though?"

"Eventful," Lucina said slyly, looking over specifically at Samus.

"Why do you have to say it like that..." Samus groaned.

Zelda just stared at them confused.

"Since you missed out, we should all hang out tonight. Zelda, your place as always?" Pat asked Zelda.

"Sure okay!"

"Or we could change things up for once," Samus interjected, "Try something different." 

Three girls exchanged glances with each other.

"We could uh....go roller-blading?" Zelda suggested.

"Ooh sounds fun!" Pat squealed.

"That's out of the usual, but I'm willing to give it a shot," Lucina chimed in. And so their plans were all set for that evening, going their separate ways for the rest of the school day. Zelda was thinking to herself while she walked to her next class, until her thoughts were interrupted when she bumped into someone.

"Sorry! I wasn't looking!"

"Hey Zelda..."

"Oh hey Shulk..."

"Listen, about Friday night, I didn't mean to get angry with you. I was upset with the pain I was in, not at you, I'm sorry..." he explained looking down at the ground.

Auntie said to act like nothing happened...

"You're fine. It wasn't my intention to injure you. I'm still trying to figure that out myself."

"Thanks for understanding."

"No worries, sorry for the burn."

"Wanna head to class now?"

"Sure let's go."

They arrived a couple minutes early before the bell rang. Some people were already sitting down and getting ready for class. The teacher wasn't there yet. Zelda sat down in her usual spot next to Link, who was sleeping with his head on his desk. Zelda leaned over and poked his earring, which dangled back and forth.

"Link?"

He shuffled a little in his sleep, his back continuing to rise up and down from his breathing. Zelda smiled at first which slowly faded into a frown.

She remembered the last thing they said to each other and how it ended on a bad note. Wanting to make amends, she tore out a piece of paper from her notebook and wrote a message reading:

I want to apologize for this weekend. Can we talk more during our free period?

~Zel

When she was finished writing it, she slipped the folded piece of paper under Link's arm which he was resting on. Moments later, Peach and her group strutted into the room, eyeing the whole class. Peach's eyes zeroed in on Zelda.

"Hey Zelda, can I ask you something?" Daisy said mockingly.

"I wouldn't ask her anything Daisy, she'll just cry and walk away. Just like she'll probably do when she's queen," Peach commented.

Zelda pretended to ignore the girls and take out her books for class. Witnessing the situation, Lucina stood up from her desk passionately and confronted the girls.

"Peach I suggest you stop all this unnecessary harassment. You may enjoy whatever you're doing now, but I'll enjoy making a fool out of you even more, if you test me," Lucina threatened.

"Class, take you seats!" a voice snapped from the classroom entrance. 

Everyone instantly scrambled to their seats. Mrs. Bayonetta. Link jerked his head up when he heard her voice. He looked down on his desk and noticed the note Zelda left under his arm. He read it then looked back at her and nodded at Zelda. Lucina took her seat calmly while Robin, who sat next to her, stared at her in disbelief. 

"What? Was I too out of line?"

"Not at all, I thought it was very heroic of you."

Lucina stared at him surprised at his reaction.

Class began and Mrs. Bayonetta assigned a new project, who gave the class a head start on their research during the period. Forty-five minutes later, the bell rang and everyone gathered their belongings, making their way towards the exit.

"Remember, it's due next Friday!" Bayonetta shouted over the already chattering students.

It was now free period. Zelda looked over at Link and tried to catch his gaze. Once she did she nodded, confirming that they were going to have their conversation. Link's eyes glanced quickly in front of him, towards Peach, indicating that she couldn't see the two of them together. Zelda understood and left the room first. She waited outside the classroom, her back turned away from the classroom door, trying to stay hidden. She suddenly felt a tap on her shoulder and turned to see Link by himself and clear of Peach.

"Let's talk somewhere less crowded," Zelda said.

Link nodded in agreement. They climbed a few flights of stairs until they came to a door that led to the rooftop garden. Flowers grew everywhere along with different potted and grounded plants and veggies. The view from the roof was pretty scenic. One could see the entire town from where they were. No one except the earth science and gardening club went up there, and they met after school, so it was just the two of them. Zelda draped her legs over the side of the roof, swinging them back and forth. Link grew worried.

"Don't be nervous, come over," she said calmly.

He walked over to the edge of the roof and sat down next to her.

"I'm truly sorry for what I said to you at your house about Shulk. I was being stubborn and I didn't give you the chance to explain yourself.  I wanted to come back and tell you as soon as I left but..."

Link shuttered as soon as she tried to find the appropriate words to say.

I can't let him know that I saw him and Peach through his window...

"I hope you can find it in yourself to forgive me."

Link paused before answering. He eventually smiled and patted her on the head, which made her smile even more.

"Thanks Link," she said wrapping her arms around him in a warm embrace. This caught him off guard a little. She let go finally, still looking him in the eye.

"Oh also! I'm going roller blading tonight with the whole gang, you should come, if you can make it."

He pondered for a minute before giving her an answer. 

"I think they have a skateboard rink there too, if that'll help you make a decision?" she teased.

Link perked up immediately and nodded his head eagerly.

"Good! I'll see you tonight then."