.{39}.

"Uhh..."

Zelda groaned as she slowly opened her eyes, her vision blurry. She squinted as she was blinded by the sun and the whiteness of the room she was in...

A white room? Where the heck was she? She finally opened her eyes all the way and sat up straight.

What the

She looked down and saw that she was hooked up to a variety of tubes and wires.

Am I in the nurse's...? A hospital...?

She then recalled the moments right before she ended up there.

Oh right...the game...

The door opened and a cute, little, yellow dog appeared before her.

"Hello uh...Zelda! I'm your nurse Isabelle. How are you feeling today?"

"Um I'm better thanks. Oww...okay still hurting a little."

"Well that's better than yesterday's pain, huh? It's a good thing you're awake right now. It usually takes a couple of weeks for people to fully recover from this kind of stuff."

"Wait yesterday? So it's tomorrow?!"

"Yup but don't worry! All of your teammates came by after their game to see you. They left some gifts for you over there too."

Zelda looked at her bedside table where Isabelle pointed. Flowers, cards, and plushie toys were spread out on the table, making Zelda feel all warm and fuzzy.

Thanks guys...

"Did they say anything about that game they were playing? I mean did they say they won?"

"One second dear," Isabelle said listening to her earpiece, "Huh? Alright, bring 'em in!"

Isabelle put down the phone and looked back at Zelda.

"Well you can ask them yourself! They're all here to see you again."

Zelda's face lit up. Not a moment too soon, a knock sounded against the wooden door. Isablle peeked her head behind it.

"Welcome again! She's awake and recovering quicker than expected. Just be careful, she's still feeling a bit of pain," Isabelle greeted opening the door for the large group of friends. They all swarmed around Zelda's bed.

"Zel! You're okay!" Pat exclaimed.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm better Luc, thanks."

"It's amazing you're almost fully recovered from that shot. Wolf's gun can deal some serious damage," Sonic commented. Fox and Mario nodded their heads in agreement.

"Thanks for coming guys, you're all so sweet," Zelda smiled, "So how did we do? Did we beat TIS?"

"Um we...we didn't Zel, I'm sorry..." Samus said sounding sad.

"Ah I'm sorry guys. I'm sure you all--"

"—We crushed them!" Pit interjected, "Thanks to Link of course."

He looked towards Link who was hiding behind the rest of the gang. He just scratched his head and smiled humbly.

"What happened?! I wanna hear the whole thing!"

"After Wolf shot you, Strife stepped in and decided this could only be settled with a penalty kick with the Smash ball," Samus explained, "TIS was pissed, but that's what they get for playing dirty. We all voted on Link to take the kick—"