.{38}.

The ball soared towards goal in a beam of light. But it wasn't enough.

Bowser caught the ball between his claws.

No... way...

However, Link's face lit up as the ball slipped from Bowser's paws, bounced off of the post of the goal where it rig-gashed from one post to another. The ball was flying everywhere. Everyone's eyes were following the ball closely.

"THREE"

The ball stopped rebounding off of the goal and headed straight for the top, right inside corner of the net. Bowser leapt up to try and save the ball once more.

"TWO"

The clock was ticking down and everyone was on edge. Bowser was still in the air with his hands up ready to catch the ball. Unfortunately being the size he was, he could not jump as high as he needed to to reach the ball.

"ONE"

The pleasing sound of the ball rolling along the net was heard and the BA crowd sat up from their seats in excitement. Cheers and enthusiasm erupted from the bleachers. Link slowly looked up at the goal, not having registered that the ball actually went in the net.

Did it go in...?

"YEAAAHHHHHH!!!" Ike screamed running over to Link. This was the most excited Link had ever seen him. The whole team surrounded Link and congratulated him. Link looked back at the goal to see the ball, lying inside the net.

"You did it bud! What a hit!" Marth said bro hugging him.

"Nice job hero," Samus said trying to keep her cool,"But we wouldn't have gotten this far if it wasn't for the whole team working together. I'm happy we finished our last year strong. Thanks guys."

"Well we had a great captain," Ike said cheerfully patting Samus on the head. Samus growled but everyone laughed at her reaction.

"Ah hands off Ike!"

Ike bent down so that his nose was nearly touching hers. His expression remained cocky while Samus stood there red in the face.

Why is he so close to me...?!

"Make me Sammie," he taunted. Her expression went back to angry again.

"I'll get him off your hands, blondie, don't worry," a familiar voice sounded from behind them.

"Mac why are you still here?" Samus groaned.

"C'mon Sam, why are you always hanging around this jackass here? I'm right here!"

Samus without thinking, blurted out the only excuse on her mind at that very moment.

"Because Ike and I are together!"

She grabbed his large hand away from his side and interlaced their fingers together. Her expression was now confident and content. She didn't show any signs of nervousness.

Please don't hate me Ike...

Ike looked down at her, shocked at the gesture she just made, but played along. He soon smiled proudly and looked up at Mac intimidatingly.

"So don't even think about trying any funny stuff, got it?"

Mac, taken aback by Ike's forwardness, walked away in a huff, brushing them off.

"Psh, whatever..."

Samus turned to Ike with worry in her eyes.

"Ike, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to catch you off guard like that. It was just the first thing that came to mind, I'm not sure why, but I—"

She was cut off.

By Ike.

No sorry Ike's lips.

Oh yeah.

"What the..."

He merely chuckled and scratched his head bashfully. Samus was still caught off guard, in a daze and blushing madly.

"Sorry I couldn't wait any longer..." he said embarrassed.

"You're...you're fine."

"Was it okay for me to do that?"

"Mhm..."

"So now do you...wanna be a thing or...?"

Samus pondered for a moment.

"Uhm well I—"

"Just get together already! We've been waiting for this moment for a while now!" Pit exclaimed shoving Samus closer to Ike. Both Ike and Samus's eyes widened once they saw the whole team staring at them with eagerness.

"You guys have been what?!" Samus scolded.

"Uh not important. So what's it gonna be Samus?" Sonic egged on. Samus looked down at the ground then back up at Ike, who was looking the other way in embarrassment. She took that opportunity to pull Ike's face towards hers, and bring him into a long, meaningful kiss. She let go and looked at him smugly.

"Answered your question?"

"Y-yeah..."Ike said love-struck.

"THAT'S MA BOI IKE! THAT'S MA BOI! GO GET HER!" Roy yelled from the bleachers. It soon caused a chain reaction and the whole crowd from the bleachers started celebrating the new couple. Applause filled the entire outside area. Their whole team was clapping for them. They held hands again and looked at each other. With that, they both laughed lightly, just a tad embarrassed but happy they were now together.

A/N: Whadja guys think of that? Good? Bad? Lemme know! Anyways, I hope you enjoyed it, please comment and suggest things, and I'll see you with the next part XD