.{34}.

Two days before the game...

"Alright guys. We did well with footwork yesterday, but today we should work on our skills and shielding attacks. How 'bout it?" 

Everyone nodded in agreement.

"Okay, partner up and I'll tell you how this is gonna go."

Everyone found a partner and stood across from each other, awaiting Samus's instructions. One row stood on a white line, the other row stood on unmarked turf. 

"Now that you have a partner, the person on the field will have to attack the person standing on the line. That person will have to either dodge, shield, or counter the attack, like this," Samus directed her partner, Ike, signaling him to attack first. He charged up and dashed towards her, ready to use his sword. Samus projected a sphere shield  that encircled her whole body, which Ike's sword hit instead. 

"Everyone got it?"

Everyone nodded in confirmation.

"Good let's get to it then."

+++++

"I'm ready Robin."

"Lucina, are you sure?"

"Yes, give it your all."

"Fine."

Robin conjured a ball of lightning from his spell book.

"Thoron!"

The ball of lightning quickly raced straight towards Lucina. Knowing how she could block it, Lucina got into her fighting stance, holding her sword above her head pointing it down at an angle. The lightning hit the blade of her sword, rebounded, and sent it right back to Robin, who unfortunately got hit by his own attack. He flew backwards and landed on the ground with a thud. 

"Eungh..." Robin groaned still laying on the ground. Lucina walked over to him and towered above him with a hand out to help him.

"Unlike you, I don't leave my comrades on the floor to fend for themselves," she smirked. Robin took her hand and was hoisted up. With Lucina pulling him up with too much strength, Robin was pulled up rather close to her.

"S-Sorry," he said embarrassed and stepping back a little.

"K guys, let's bring it in," Samus announced after a couple of minutes, "Get some water and rest a little. Then we'll do more drills."

Everyone sat themselves along the bench, resting up and drinking water.

"You're doing great coach."

"Thanks Ike. It's a little harder than I thought, but it's all good."

"Well it might hard now but you're a natural. I think it was the right choice to make you captain."

Samus froze.

Ike really is a sweet guy after all...

"UHMM ok guys, I hope you guys got to grab a quick drink," Samus said still a little flushed from talking with Ike, "Let's scrimmage in the same teams as always, using our attacks and counters this time."

Everyone sorted out into their teams and got into their positions, and the practice game began. It went on for 30 minutes, ending with the non-pinnie team victorious.

"YEAHH!" 

"Hmph, well we won last game..." Dark Pit mumbled.

"Alright team, good game. Let's bring it in, get some rest, and be ready for tomorrow. It's our last day of practice so we should make it count."

One day till the big game...

"Gather around guys," Samus called out, "We gotta make our last practice count. Everybody has been doing great, I don't think we'll have any trouble during tomorrow's match. However, today is the day I think we should perfect and clean up the areas where we need just a little more work. So split up where you think you need more work: offense or defense."

 Half of the group went to offense, the other half defense.

"Okay offensive side: line up along this line and do some shooting drills. Zelda, wanna lead?"

"Oh um yeah okay."

Samus nodded and ran off to instruct the defensive group. Zelda turned to the rest of her group. 

"Okay let's have three lines, here, set up along this line..." she directed.

After Zelda ran her drill a few times, she signaled everyone to stop, congratulating them as they ran towards the benches to rest.

"Good job guys! I think we're out of time but if you guys do what you did today during tomorrow's game, we'll win for sure!"

She looked over at Link who met her gaze. He turned to face her and jogged over towards her.

"Was that okay?" she asked him.

He gave her a thumbs up and Zelda's face lit up. 

"K guys, bring it in," Samus shouted one last time, "Good way to end the last practice. We talked to each other a lot, our shots looked really strong, and our defense has definitely improved. I'm really proud of us, and I'm feeling good about tomorrow's game. Just stay sharp okay? I'll see you all tomorrow. We've got this,"

After rallying the team, Samus sat down on the bench, worn out, hanging her head down. She sensed a shadow tower above her and looked up to see who it was, but was too late. She was soon dumped with a giant bucket of water.

"HAHA! I gotcha good!" Ike laughed. Samus's hair covered her face. She was sopping wet from head to toe, drenched in ice-cold water.

"Oh so that's how it is..." she said rather manically.

"Huh?"

Samus sprung up from her seat, grabbed her water bottle, pointing it at Ike and squeezed it. Water shot out from the spout and soaked Ike, his hands up in the air, surrendering.

"Ah hey! Your spit's all over me now Sam."

"Well that's what you get for dumping a bucket of water over me."

"Alright alright I give up I'm sorry!"

Ike's shirt was completely wet and see-through, making Samus embarrassed once again.

"You did that on purpose didn't you Sam?" Zelda smirked.

"NO I DID NOT! You're sounding too much like Pat though, it's scaring me..."

"Okay whatever you say captain..."

A/N: Sorry I didn't update yesterday! I kinda over-updated the night before so I thought I should take a break but imma back! Hope ya'll are doing good! Anyways, I hope you enjoyed it, please comment and suggest things, and I'll see you in the next part XD