.{36}.

A/N: Sorry I updated late again! I fell asleep as I was writing this. I just got back from a long drive so I was pretty wiped out. Just a quick thanks again to all your support for the story-- it means a lot as always! Now let's continue...

 Just a quick thanks again to all your support for the story-- it means a lot as always! Now let's continue

Zelda began to examine the opposing team. Samus walked up beside her and pointed to every member on the team saying their names.

"Shantae, Shovel Knight, Wario, King K.Rool, Hammer Bro, Skull Kid, Shadow, Bowser, Rayman, Pandora, Crash, Wolf, and...

"Mac's on their team too?" Zelda asked confused. 

"Just another asshole to ignore, Zel, we'll be fine. They just play dirty so watch out," Samus reassured, "Whadja say Pat?" she shouted as she ran over to the cheer squad.

"Hey Sam, why are Wario, Bowser, and Wolf on the other team?"

"You didn't hear? They got kicked out of BA and now they all go to TIS."

"For what?"

"For being a bag of dicks what else?"

The ref blew the whistle, signaling the two teams to gather around him.

"Mewtoo's reffing today's game? Alright then...!" Samus pointed out.

"Looks like you have to go! Go Smashers!!" Pat cheered waving her pom-poms around. Both teams were now assembled across the halfway line of the field, facing each other.

"Please bow to each other's team," the Mewtoo dictated. The teams did as they were told. 

"Alright, now just the captains, come closer."

Everyone except Samus and Shadow the hedgehog were pulled aside.

"Now I want a nice, clean, game...from both of you," Mewtoo warned, looking specifically at Shadow, who merely rolled his eyes (sorry for the HP reference!). He took out a quarter from within his pocket, placed it on his hand, and pointed to Shadow.

"Tails."

Mewtoo flipped the coin, let it spin in the air, then forced it down onto the back of his hand. He lifted his other hand to reveal...

"Heads. The Smashers will have first tap."

Both captains departed from the center of the field, running back towards their teams.

"Who has tap?" Ike asked eagerly.

"We do. So we gotta make our plays count," Samus encouraged.

"Right!"

"Everyone, huddle in. Pep talk."

Everyone gathered closely around Samus. 

"Um okay sooo, never really done one of these before so I'm just gonna wing it. Screw the other team and let's play for us. Remember what we learned during our practices, okay? Rely on your teammates, that's why there's more than one player on a team. Stay alert, TIS is gonna play dirty, we all know that and the refs know that which is helpful. Just put up a good fight, enjoy it, and some ass. It's our last time to do this, so have fun. Got it?"

"Got it!"

"Alright I know we're gonna do well. Let's show 'em that we can beat them a fourth time!"

Mewtoo blew the whistle and the two teams got into their positions. The keepers/goalies gave their thumbs up and Mr. Strife began speaking.

"Ready?" he boomed. Zelda felt her heart beat fast. She was already sweating and the game hadn't even started. 

I'll do my best...

"GO!"

The whistle was blown once more and the game had begun. Samus passed the ball to Sonic who sped upfield, dribbling the ball. He skidded to a stop once he was surrounded by the other team. He used the heel of his foot to kick the ball behind him.

"Back to you Mario!"

Mario ran up to the ball and attempted to kick it, but failed to do so as a hammer was thrown at the ball, causing it to bypass Mario. He looked ahead to see this was none other than the doing of Hammer Bro. Mario growled. 

Rayman was now in possession of the ball, running down towards their goal. It all happened so quickly, but his stride was soon interrupted by a quick dash from Fox, who managed to hit the ball with his attack, sending it away from their goal. The BA crowd cheered. Lucina followed the ball which was still soaring through the sky. Wario was on her, trying to touch the ball before she could.

As soon as the ball came down, Lucina used her head to reach the ball before Wario could even touch it. She headed it towards Zelda who took the ball towards the goal. She swerved and dodged and tricked the opponents that came her way. Realizing it wasn't too long before she came face to face with their defense (Bowser, King K.Rool, and Wolf), Zelda used Farore's Wind to teleport to the other side of the field. Her teleportation also caused the ball to fly towards Link, who was up ahead, ready to receive the ball. 

He touched it but soon lost possession when a huge stream of fire knocked the ball out from under Link's foot. Bowser. He laughed in victory. Link, still recovering from the flames that almost injured him, pulled out his hookshot and aimed it towards the ball. The grapple latched onto the ball, which was still in Bowser's possession, and yanked it back towards Link. Bowser stood there dumbfounded.

"Get the ball, you big ass turtle shell!" Mac scolded. But it was too late. Releasing the ball from his hookshot's claws, Link aimed and threw the ball towards the goal. Their goalie, Shantae, reached for the ball with her hair, trying to smack it away from the goal, but she fell short. The ball went in the net and the crowd cheered.

"Yes!"

"Alright Link!"

"Nice one Link!"

Everyone returned back to their starting positions. The Strikers now had the first tap. Link looked over to Zelda. She looked back at him and nodded determinedly. He did the same in confirmation. The second play of the first half of the game started.

The game continued for another 30 minutes. The Smashers were beating the Strikers  but not by much. Smashers: 8, Strikers: 6.

"Man, these guy really shaped up..." Ike commented looking at the scoreboard. Soon after he said that, Mewtoo blew the whistle.

"Half-time!"