The appointment to find out what happened.....

Today was the day that me and Jake were going to the hospital to hear what happened the day Samantha was born, I was so scared to hear what had happened. I mean I knew she was perfectly healthy and ok now, but I knew that there were troubles when she was being born. My mum and dad were going to stay at mine and Jake's place with Samantha, when me and Jake were at the hospital.

I was sat in the chair in Samantha's room, giving her her bottle and smiling at how cute she was. I couldn't belive that someone so cute and perfect, could have had such a horrible start in life. When she finished her bottle, I looked at the clock and saw it was time for me and Jake to leave for our appointment. So I laid her down in her bed, kissed her forehead and turned on her baby monitor. I picked up the other one, grabbed all my stuff, slid my shoes on, and walked downstairs to see my parents and Jake sat in the living room. I put the baby monitor down on the coffee table in the living room and said "she's asleep now, but knowing her she wont be asleep for long. We'll be back as soon as we can." Jake stood up took my hand and I hugged my parents goodbye.

Me and Jake walked out to my car in silence, I wanted to drive cause it kept me calm. And I needed something to keep me calm seeing as I had quit smoking around Samantha, so I jumped in the drivers side and Jake got in the passenger side and I drove us to the hospital. I was so nervous that I was gripping the steering wheel with so much strength that my knuckles were turning white, and when we pulled into the parking space at the hospital it felt like my heart was going to beat out of my chest, and I was sweating buckets.

I got out of the car, waited for Jake to get out and we walked hand in hand into the hospital. We walked in and were directed to my doctor's office by the lady behind the reception desk, every step I took closer to her office, the more I felt like I was gonna throw up. When we got to my docotr's office, I stodd in front of the door trying to catch my breath. I knocked and my doctor almost immediately opened the door, she led us inside and shut the door behing us, and gestured for us to take the two empty chairs by her desk.

"Hello Mrs Pitts, if it's ok with you, I'd rather just tell you everything that happened straight away and then you can ask me questions about anything your unsure of. Is that ok?" she asked and I nodded, not trusting my nerves enought to open my mouth without throwing up. "Well your daughter was in the wrong position for you to give birth naturally, that was the first issue and why you went to the operating for a c-section. Then when we were getting your daughter out of you, we found that the umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck twice. And she was born dead, so we immediately took her to ICU to administer resus and we managed to get her breathing again. But because her throat was constricted by the cord, her airways were slightly blocked, so we had to clear them and that took a while. But we got them cleared and now she's perfectly healthy," she said and all the time she was talking I had tears pouring down my face, and I was gripping onto Jake's hand for dear life.

When she finished speaking I turned away from her and curled into Jake, I was horrified by what I had heard and I felt like I was actually going to throw up. I turned back to her and she handed me a tissue, I muttered a thank you and she nodded. "Do you have anything you'd like to ask?" she asked and there was only one thing I cared about, "is there anything that we should be worried about with Samantha's health? Anything at all?" I asked. She shook her head, and I sighed in relief. My baby was going to be ok, after that my doctor talked to me and Jake about is me and Jake ever had another child, and what the possible dangers could be.

She said that I would most likey have to have an elective c-section to avoid any complications, we had talked for almost an hour before we finished. Me and Jake said our goodbye to my doctor and made our way out to my car, we both got in and I drove us home. I had to get home as soon as possible cause I really wanted a hug with my little miracle, she had gone through so much in her life, and she wasn't even three weeks old yet.

I raced home as fast as I legally could, and I didn't even wait for Jake to get out of the car before I pulled the door open and raced up to the front door. I could feel Jake behind me so I locked my car and unlocked the front door, as soon as the door was open I raced to the living room to see my little girl sat in my dad's lap. As soon as she saw me her face lit up and she reached for me, I swept her up in my arms and hugged her close to me. "So how did it go?" my mum asked and I just sat down and didn't say anything, she looked from me to Jake and he gestured for my mum and dad to walk into the back yard with him so he could explain what had happened.

I didn't want to relieve that horrible memory again so I stayed inside, playing with my little girl on her toy mat. As I was sat there, a thought came into my mind. Me and Jake hadn't picked godparents/guardians for Samantha, so I started thinking about who I wanted. And only one name came to mind. Miss Juliet Simms. She had been the perfect friend ever since I met her, she had never faultered in her loyalty and support. So I decided I would talk to Jake about it later, I thought I'd let him pick one of our guy friends to be the godfather/guardian.

Around 30 mins later my parents and Jake walked back in and I could tell that my parents had been crying cause their eyes were red. My mum sat next to me and started tearing up when she looked at me and Samantha, we sat in silence just playing with Samantha and her toys for a while. Until she got tired, so I lifted her in my arms and walked upstairs to put her to bed. I sat in the chair in her room, and rocked her gently in my arms. As she was falling asleep I was softly talking to her, "you don't realise how much of a miracle you are. You are my gift from a greater power, not god cause I'm an athiest but there must be something. And whatever that something is, it saved you and brought you back to me. I love you my darling girl," I said as she slowly closed her eyes and fell asleep in my arms.

Now that I knew what had happened, I was going to treasure every second I had with my precious child. I stood up and laid her down in her bed, and I stood watching over her for ages. I just couldn't take my eyes from my beautiful daughter. I kissed my hand and gently blew my kiss at my daughter and walked from the room and back downstairs, I sat with my parents and Jake and we talked about everything other than today. I got up a little while later to get some cool mint oreos and there were none left, I walked back into the living room and said "who ate all the cool mint oreos? Whoever it was has to go get more."

My parents raised their hands looking very sheepish, I laughed and said "would you mind going to get some more please?" They nodded and I chucked them my car keys, they said they wouldnt be long. I sat back down with Jake and when my parents had shut the door behind them, I turned to my husband and said "we still haven't picked godparents. I wanted to have Juliet as a godmother cause she is the one friend that has been loyal, loving and supportive since the day I met her. And I thought you could choose the godfather."

"I was actually thinking about this aswell, and I was thinking of Andy as a godfather. I mean he is the youngest of our friends, but he's one of the most mature when he needs to be and I think that should anything ever happen to us then he would be the perfect man to care for our child. And if your choosing Juliet, then we know that Samantha will be in a loving house with amazing people to care for her. So how are we going to tell the lucky couple?" Jake said.

We decided that we would tell them tomorrow, and today we would just enjoy being with my parents. So we waited for them to get back and when they did my mum made dinner, we sat in the back yard and talked for ages, then we all said goodnight to eachother and went to bed. I laid Samantha in her bed after kissing her forehead softly and walked back into mine and Jake's room. I washed up, changed into my pj's and curled up under the covers with my amazing husband.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you liked it

Comment and vote if you'd like

Next part up soon.....