The day after.....

It was the day after Samantha had been born, and I felt like my heart was missing. I still hadn't seen my baby girl, and I felt like I was still pregnant because I hadn't seen her yet. I had woken up this morning and true to their word, my parents and Jake were still at my side. And they were still asleep in their chairs, I grabbed my phone from the side table and saw that I had a ton of texts from everyone. It was a lot of congratulations texts, and that made me want to burst into tears. And I did. Obviously Jake and my parents hadn't told everyone what had happened.

When I started crying everyone woke up, Jake took my hand and said "what's wrong honey?" I just showed him my phone and he started apologising, "oh honey, I didn't get a chance to tell people what was going on, I'm so sorry." I told him that it was ok that he didn't tell everyone what happened cause I'd rather they didn't know the pain we went through. A few minutes later my doctor walked in and checked on my stitches, when she finished she stood at the foot of my bed and read my chart. "Well it seems like your healing perfectly," she said and before she said anything else, I said "I don't care about me, how's my baby?"

"Your baby is perfectly healthy now, she did have a few troubles when she was born but we can brief you on that in a few weeks, after you've healed fully and you've settled in with your child. If you'd like, you can get dressed, and you can come with me to visit your baby," she said and she walked out of the room to allow me some privacy to get dressed. I shoved my parents and Jake out of the room so I could dressed, and I got dressed faster than I ever have before. I grabbed my phone and walked out to see my doctor and my parents and Jake stood waiting for me. I took Jake's hand and we all followed my doctor to the childrens ICU, when we walked in there was a long line of babies in those tiny bed things.

We stopped at the cutest baby I had ever seen, and when she saw us she looked like she smiled. I couldn't help it and I started tearing up again, she was so beautiful and she was mine. "Can I hold her?" I asked looking at my doctor and she nodded, smiling. So I sat down in the chair next to her bed and gently lifted her into my arms, she was so amazingly beautiful I couldn't stop tearing up. She had my deep green eyes, and I loved her so unconditionaly and I had only just met her. Jake had walked up next to me and sat on the arm of the chair, I looked up at him and he was tearing up aswell. "This is our daughter," I said, my voice cracking cause I was so happy.

He smiled and held his arms out to hold our child, I gently laid her in his arms and he full on silent cried. I took out my phone and took a shit ton of pictures of my beautiful baby girl, Samantha Pitts. I had taken the flash off so I didn't scare her, after a while I had put my phone away and I stood up to go walk over to my doctor and talk to her. When we were far enough away from everyone, I looked back at my husband and my parents. They looked so happy and perfect, I looked back to my doctor and said "can I be discharged today? And is Samantha ok to take home today?"

"Yes, you can both go home today. But we will have to make an appointment in two weeks for you to come in so I can explain to you what happened yesterday so you can know that there is the possibility of complications the next time you have a child if you wish to have another child. Is that ok with you?" she said and I nodded, we quickly sorted out an appointment for two weeks time and I walked back over to everyone.

"We can all go home," I said smiling, Jake got up and hugged me tight. I looked over at Samantha in my mum's arms and it was so amazing, my daughter in the arms of the woman she's named after. I packed up all of Samantha's stuff after I had changed her into one of the baby onsies I had brought with me, grabbed all of my stuff and walked out to Jake's car with my baby in my arms. I never wanted to let her go, not after what had happened yesterday. My mum sat with me in the back of the car and Jake and my dad sat in the front, we had set up the car seat in the middle of the back seat and I had gently laid her in it. She looked so cute, I took a few more pictures as Jake drove us home.

For the entire journey home, I could not tear my eyes away from my beautiful baby who was fast asleep. When we pulled into our driveway, she woke up and started crying her head off. I immediately started panicing, I didn't know what to do. I felt my mum put her hand on my shoulder, "honey, take her out of her car seat. And hold her against you, your heartbeat will calm her down. Carry her inside and rock her gently in your arms, she'll be ok" my mum said. I nodded and did everything she said and sure enough, Samantha stopped crying.

I walked into my living room and saw that everyone was there, all the Asking guys, the rest of Black Veil, Juliet, Suzella and Mark were stood in my living room smiling. We all sat down and got talking about anything and everything since we last saw each other, this went on for a while. Until Ben asked me "so was it easy giving birth?", and I just started bawling again. I laid Samantha in Jake's arms and ran out of the room and upstairs to mine and Jake's bedroom, curled up on the bed and full on cried. I just couldn't handle even thinking about what happened yesterday, and I didn't even fully know what had happened yet.

Around half an hour later, there was a knock at the door. I shouted for whoever it was to come in and it was Ben, he walked in and sat next to me. "I am so sorry Lucy, I didn't mean to make you cry. I'm so so sorry," he said and I sat up and hugged him gently. "It's ok you didn't know," I said and I wiped my eyes and we walked downstairs and sat back with everyone else. We talked and ate and talked some more, for hours. Until I had gotten extremely tired, I said goodnight to everyone and took Samantha up to her room.

I changed her into her bedtime clothes, and kissed her forhead goodnight. I turned on her baby monitor and took the other one into mine and Jake's room with me. I washed up and changed into my pj's and curled up in bed and fell asleep the second my head hit my pillow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you liked this

Comment and vote if you'd like

Next part up soon.....