Making up.....

It had been two months since Jake had proposed to me and we had started planning the wedding, my parents had gone home a couple days after we had started planning, my mum was still annoyed that we hadn't chosen where to get maried before she left. And thinking about it for the last two months, I've been leaning closer and closer to getting married in England and further away from getting married in America. I just hadn't found the right way to tell Jake, we had sorted out my dress and his and his groomsmen's suits but nothing else until we had decided on a location. I hadn't chosen and bridesmaids yet, and I didn't really know why, I think somewhere deep down I was hoping that Suzella would be one of my bridesmaids, I mean when we were little we and we were being stupid planning our dream weddings we had always said that the other one would be a bridemaid for whosever wedding it was.

I was walking through the mall, to the coffee shop when I saw a poster with Suzella on it. I walked up closer so I could read it more clearly, it was apparantly a gig she was playing at. And it was tonight. I really wanted to go to see what she was like now, I mean we hadn't spoken for over a year. So I decided I'd go but in disguise, so I'd tie my hair up in a bun and wear very inconspicuous clothes. I got to the coffee shop, got my coffee and made my way back to my car and back home. I got home around 5pm and the poster said that Suzella's gig was satring at 6pm, so I started getting ready. I tied my hair up in a bun, put on a black beanie, no makeup and a pair of black jeans and a black hoodie with a black t-shirt underneath. I pulled on my black converse and said "honey, I'm going out for a bit, I'll be home soon." Jake ran to the front door, to me, and kissed me. I slid my phone into my pocket and walked to my car, I got in and drove to the venue.

I got there and there was a ton of people outside, I walked up to the door to see how much a ticket was onthe door and if there were even any more available. "Hey are there any tickets left?" I asked and the guy looked up and me and opened and closed his mouth like a fish. "Your Lucy Brown, your engaged to Jake Pitts. I'm a huge fan of your work and your fiancee's," he said I smiled said thanks and he said he had some V.I.P tickets left for sale. He said cause of who I was he'd give me one for free and said it meant that after the gig I could go backstage and meet the artists. I smiled and stood in line trying not to stand out. A few minutes later the doors opened and everyone poured inside, I walked in slowly and stood at the back of the performance hall. We waited for around fifteen minutes before Suzella ran on, she had the guitar I bought her for her seventeenth birthday on. She stopped at the mic stand and said "thank you all for coming to my biggest show yet. It's also a celebration gig cause I got my first majour record label signing the other day. So I hope you all enjoy and those of you with V.I.P tickets I shall see you after the gig."

After her mini speech she started playing and singing, and she was really good, I mean I always knew she was amazing but she seemed even more confident than I had seen her before. She played a ton of her original songs that she and I had sat writing ages ago, and everyone was singing along, I looked around and everyone was jumping up and down and really getting into the music. I just stood at the back and listened, I could just about see that Mark was stood side stage. I was happy that the two of them were still together, and he seemed to be rocking out. The gig went on for a couple hours and when it finished, everyone wearing the V.I.P passes were called into the lobbey and taken backstage. I followed the group from the back and ducked down a bit so I wasn't so obvious, also cause I was the tallest one in the group and so Suzella wouldn't immediately see me.

We got backstage and Suzella was stood there with Mark, everyone swarmed her, asking her questions and asking for autographs. I just stood back and watcher her fans swarm her, after they had had their fill of talking with her it was time for the just hanging out portion of the V.I.P experiance. I sat in the corner of the room being very quiet, listening to everyone talk when I heard Suzella and Mark talking about a wedding. "Honey, we have time to sort this out. We arent getting married for another two months, it's ok," Suzella said, and that was when I saw the engagement ring on her finger. I had no idea that her and Mark were engaged, I was going to get up and talk to her but I was stopped by her saying "the only thing I'm sad about is that Lucy wont be there." I was taken aback by how she still wanted me at her wedding, "well she hasn't spoken to you in over a year so who cares if she's not there," Mark said.