Storm

Hey guys! So I decided to change this book cover again! And tysm for 9k!

Word:// 239

--------------------------

I let out another whimper as thunder erupted the cloudy night sky. Shawn noticed my shaking and tightened his grip around my waist protectively.

"Shawn, I don't like it." I mumbled, turning my head from the window and into Shawn's chest.

"I know baby. It will be over soon." He whispered stroking my hair.

The longer I was in his arms more I felt safe. I had totally forgotten about the storm until another loud crack echoed around the room, making me tremble.

"Come on." Shawn tugged at his flannel that I was wearing and guided me towards my bed. He picked me up by my thighs and wrapped my legs around his torso, before sitting down on the bed.

"Shh, it's okay." He cooed rocking back and fourth.

He placed soft kisses in the crook of my neck whilst whispering sweet things in my ear, calming my nerves.

"Shawn, can you sing for me?" I asked quietly. I felt him smile against my neck.

"Of course."

He began to sing 'never be alone', which was one of my favourite songs of Shawn's. His elegant voice filled my ears and I smiled widely.

As he carried on singing, the sounds of thunder became distant, making my eyes tiredly close by his relaxing voice.

Before I knew it sleep had taken over my body.