"He thinks you're pretty"

I raced around the store trying to get my groceries. I was running late for work; again. This has happened multiple times this week, I'm surprised my boss hasn't sacked me yet.

When I was looking for the cereal, I suddenly felt a tug at the hem of my shirt.

I looked down to find a little girl grabbing onto my t-shirt. "Hello," she said sweetly. She was the cutest little girl I had ever seen. She had dark brown hair and big brown eyes that shimmered like diamonds.

"Hey sweetie," I replied crouching down to her height. "Have you lost your mommy?"

"No, I'm here with my brother. I came over here to tell you that he keeps looking at you and thinks you're pretty," her words made me blush and look down. Aww, that's sweet.

Suddenly, the sound of footsteps and heavy breathing pound down to our isle. I look up to be met with a tall boy. A cute, tall boy.

"Aaliyah! I told you not to run off." He picked her up and rested her on his hip. I guess her name is Aaliyah.

"But I wanted to talk to the pretty girl you was talking about." She replied pointing at me. His eyes scanned her face to see if she was hurt before he looked in my direction.

His face reddened by the second.

We must've stared at each other for a while because I heard a cough coming from Aaliyah.

"Um, sorry about my sister...?" He asked. "Oh sorry, I'm (Y/n)! And you are?" I held out my hand for him to shake.

"Shawn," he placed Aaliyah down and shook my hand. When he released my hand I felt a tingling sensation run up my arm. Must've been the cold air.

His eyes scanned me up and down and a smirk formed on his lips.

Did he just check me out?

I blushed again and looked down. "Um, I-I have to go. I'm late for work," I mentally smack myself for stuttering.

"Wait, can I get your number?" He asked. I nodded and we switched numbers. "I'll see you around (y/n)!" He winked before walking in the other direction, with Aaliyah following.

In the distance I could hear there faint voices.

"You like her don't you?" Aaliyah whispered.

No reply.

"MY BROTHER LIKES (Y/N)!!" She screamed loud enough for everyone in the store to hear including me.

The last thing I heard was Shawn shushing Aaliyah. I giggled to myself and walked to the checkouts.

----------------------

This one is kinda cute :)