Chapter 34:

|~ Yeah he'll be good in bed, but he'll be bad to you. He'll be a bad boy, he'll prove it to ya, but he sure knows how to fuck. Yeah he'll be good in bed, but he'll be bad to you.~|

**

--

Jordyn

Friday

Lunch

I walked into luch late. I saw the group sitting across the room at the table. No sign of Chres of course. I started to walk twards them, but stopped. I turned on my heels and went into to other direction, to Ray's table. I haven't really spoken to him since that last phone call. Which was weeks ago.

I sat down, causing him to look up. He gave me a small smile, then quickly looked away.

We shared glances every now and then. And we were silent the whole time. Other than the regular cafetiria noises.

"Ray, what's wrong?" I asked. He seemed taken back by my words. As if They were foreign language. He shook his head and started to get up. But, I grabbed his arm and he sighed.

"What's wrong Ray?" I asked again.

"Follow me." He sighed.

*

We went outside to the empty courtyard and sat on a bench. He let out a small breath, and looked at me.

"Ray, for the last time. Whats wrong?" I repeated. He shook his head and placed it in his hands.

"Too much. Not enough time." He mumbled.

"Well, come on. Were going to ditch, and go where ever you want. Just let me know."

He looked at me and grabbed my hand, taking us to my car. I chuckled as we climbed in.

We didn't go too far, just to an abandoned nearby park.

Sitting on the swings, we were silent, only noise was the wind blowing, and the creaking of the hinges on the empty swings being blown by the light breeze.

"Can you start now?" I said quietly. He was looking down, playing with his bestfriend charm.

"Where should I start?" He laughed small.

"Well, um. Daniel, he revealed something big to me. And Im very happy for him. You would too if you knew. Im the only person he told about it. And it warms my soul, knowing that I was the one he trusted enough to hold such a big secret." He half smiled. I nodded remaining quiet.

"Have you called him?" He asked. I shook me head.

"No. I haven't really talked to anyone actually. No ones been to worried about me. So I dont bother." I admitted.

"Actually, everyone is worried about you. Including Daniel. He's probably worried the most. It's just that....." He trailed off.

"Anything else?" I asked. He was still looking down. Before he began talking. I saw afew tears fall onto the ground.

"My um, my. My good friend, his mom was told that she had cancer, afew months ago. And she only has until August to live. And, my friend, has this sibling that he's afraid to tell. And, his mom, was just like a mom to me, and knowing that she's gonna die kills me. But, knowing that he's hasnt told his sibling, makes me sick." He said looking straight ahead. Tears still running down his cheeks.

"Hey! Hey! Look at me." I said. He turned his head in my direction. I put both hands on the side of his face, wiping the tears.

"Stop crying. Whoever this friend and his mom is. Will be fine. Nothing lives forever. And you have to help her fight." I calmed. He tucked his lips in and sniffed.