Chapter 43

2017 (Y/n)

Creak!

The flag went down then back up.

You and Hiro didn't notice since your sobs blocked out the noise.Hiro held you close, rubbing your arm in a soothing motion. "Wh-What if.....what i-if he didn't...." Your chest felt like so much weight was on it and your heart clenched, most likely heartbroken.

'Tadashi, I know why you didn't show up the day of our date.'

Hiro glanced down, tears in his eyes as well, "Shhh.....don't say that. H-he might've, no, he should've....." He went quiet and cried silently, trying keep believing his brother got it.

'Please don't go. Just wait. Please, I'm begging you to wait.'

For a few minutes, nothing happened and the cold was starting to creep up a bit on you two. "We should-" Hiro said but you cut him off. "No.....I want to stay here. I-I'm.....I'm not g-giving up on him."

Hiro sighed with his hope now in a small speck. The sound of a vehicle turning in from the entrance by the road, hidden behind the trees, made its way to Hiro's ears. "(Y/n). Let's go. People might want to look at the house."

You refused to move, "I don't care."
------------------------------
2016 (Tadashi)

"(Y/n)......" A relieved and happy smile made its way on his lips.

You were right there. Right where he could run across and hug you.

Tadashi was so happy and excited, not really thinking at that moment as he took a step off the sidewalk.

'Don't try to find me, you'll have your chance. Please wait, Tadashi.'

Immediately, he stopped before stepping back onto the sidewalk and taking out the letter from his pocket. Tadashi remembered what he read, making sure it was really meant what it said.

A bus drove by with other cars as Tadashi's eyes read the letter carefully again.

'I love you.'

Glancing back across the street at you, Tadashi bit his lip and teared.

'I know it's taken all this time to say it. I love you and if you still care for me. Wait for me, wait WITH me.'

You and your friend had gotten up to head somewhere. Tadashi felt heart clench as he watched you walk away.

'Wait at least one more year, then come to the Lake House.'

"We'll have our chance....." Tadashi smiled a bit, "...,now it's my turn to wait for you." He walked away.

'I'm here.'